Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some local files are not available

Some local files are not available

I have a folder on my harddrive with Metallica, I have added this folder as local files in Spotify and I have syncronized but still only 7 out of 23 files are available on my phone. I notise that the files I can play are high-lighted on spotify on my pc. All files are MP3 and I can play all of them without any problems on my pc

8 Replies

How much space do you have free on your phone? Could you try deleting a few bits, then trying again?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem. I have Peter Gabriel's So album as local files on my desktop but when I sync it to Android I only see 6 of the 9 tracks on the album. All 9 tracks are playable on Spotify Desktop and they are playable on Android if I copy the MP3 files to the phone, but when I sync with Android only 6 of the 9 files show up (despite the Spotify Android app saying that there are 9 tracks). Other local files sync with no problems to my Android phone so it's not a general problem, but how ever much I try I cannot get this particular album to sync correctly.

p.s. I have several gigabytes free on my phone so that is not the issue.

Did someone at Spotify poke around with my playlists?

The missing tracks from the Peter Gabriel album just suddenly synced a few minutes ago. The Android App said it was syncing 12 tracks in total but everything happened so fast I didn't have time to see what they all were. Maybe I had some other broken playlists that have now been fixed as well?

I would be interested to know what was done. That offline playlist made up of all local files has been a problem for months now and just a few hours after I wrote about it here it is now working. This is too much of a coincidence, someone at Spotify must have done something.

I got plenty of free space. After I tried to add the Metallica-folder I made a playlist with over 200 songs and have no problems with playing them, but none of these songs are local

Knock-Knock. Is anybody there?

You see those question marks (?) at the end of a couple of sentences in my earlier post? Well, in the English language at least, they signify that the sentence is a question and usually this is part of an on going conversation where an answer to the question is the usual response. Silence is not the usual response to a question, except maybe to a rhetorical question. My questions earlier weren't rhetorical.

Thanks for that lesson, Steve. No, we haven't touched your playlists. Personally, I wouldn't dare touch them. Not after the stink you kicked up before.

Seems it's just started to work.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

LOL 🙂

Still it's a bit strange that it started working just a few hours after I mentioned it here, after it had been a problem for several months.

Not much help here.
Still not able to play all Metallica songs but I have on my local drive.

I still got around 1GB free space on my SD-card and 870MB on my phone

Suggested posts