Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some local files are not synchronized

Some local files are not synchronized

Most of my local files were synchronized successfully, but some just can't be. These music play normally in the PC but they're not available in other devices. Also, the artist name and other infos are grey instead of white and the right click tab is really shorter. Why?

3 Replies

I'll guess that you haven't made the playlist containing your local files available offline following the steps here under the android section. The reason not all of the tracks are greyed-out is because they are in the spotify catalogue but tracks not in the catalogue will be greyed out until you have downloaded them onto your android device.

The configs are okay. Basically, that's what happening... Some are white (working normally), some are grey (not).

vVa7xAc.png

PI suspect it's matched tracks to the Spotify library, so these are available on your device. But those which cannot be found need to be transferred.

0lease read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts