Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some local files not sync anymore

Some local files not sync anymore

I use spotify over a year and never had problems. Actually some local files not synced anymore and greyed out on my phone. Anyone knows why? I tried to delete them out of my playlist and inserted again. Sometime it works, sometime not. I never had this problem before.... 😞

5 Replies

Hi. Are you saying that certain files don't synch or that they do synch bit then won't play? What device, android and spotify versions are you using?

I have Android 4.1.2, Samsung Galaxy S2. Several local files dont sync I guess. By the way, they are greyed out on the phone but on desktop PC spotify showed 100% synced.

Yeah, they'll be greyed out if they didn't synch. Is it always the same tracks which fail? Try putting them into a new playlist on their own and see if that synchs.

I tried it out. Its not always the same tracks. I delete few of my list and added them again. Few still didnt synced, few synced. So the files itself dont has a problem. I didnt have this problem before since 1-2 years.  

It seems really weird. Do you have plenty of available memory on your android (at least 500MB) in the location where the cache is stored? You're not hitting the device limit of 3,333 tracks by any chance?

Otherwise, it's worth trying a clean reinstall following the instructions in this post but you will lose your downloaded music, I'm afraid and have to resynch it.

Suggested posts