Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some of my local files doesnt sync to my phone

Some of my local files doesnt sync to my phone

Hello!

I have a couple of local files on my computer that I want to sync to my phone but some of the songs doesnt sync.

I put the songs in a list on my computer then i download the playlist on my phone as i am connected to the same wifi-network on both the computer and my phone.

My phone becomes visible on "Devices" in the spotify app on my computer and the songs starts downloading to my phone. When its done, some of the songs isnt shown in my phone but i can see them on my comuter.

6 Replies

Are you sure thats enough storage in your phone?

Maybe they're not available in the mobile edition.. i dont know..

~And let the music touch your soul!
Need help? Maybe I can help you! [PT-BR / EN-US]

Hi there. What phone do you have and what format are the songs in? It may be that the songs are encoded work a format your phone doesn't support.

Do they play if you copy then directly to the phone?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

All the songs are in mp3-format. The thing is that i had like 2-3 songs before that didnt sync so i deleted chache and data on the app in the phone and then reinstalled the app.

After installing the app i downloaded only the list with the local files in and then it was like 6-7 songs that didnt sync, some of them that worked just fine before the reinstallation.

On the computer the song work fine.

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini, but i have the same problem on my tablet, galaxy tab 3

Also I just found out that all the local files that i sync to my phone is saved on the sd-card. Maybe thats why it isnt working properly?

How can I change it to save to the phones memory?

@carnbrand wrote:

Also I just found out that all the local files that i sync to my phone is saved on the sd-card. Maybe thats why it isnt working properly?

How can I change it to save to the phones memory?

You'll need to re-install Spotify as it creates the cache on the partition that has the largest volume detected on install. Please use the guide linked below to get a clean install which should get your cache in the correct place:

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts