Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some things for android, shuffle, songs that disappears from offline, needing to be resynced.

Some things for android, shuffle, songs that disappears from offline, needing to be resynced.

Hi. Im having some problems with spotify.
first, where is the shuffle button? I red in the forrum some thing like "push the "i" (info) -button and there should be an option. Well guess what, it doesn't work. So i just "fakkit im makin a new post"
So i would be really greatfull for someone to explain this to me. Mabye i hit the wrong i-button, because this one is for yhe info aboit the songs, but i dont know.

The other MAJOR issue is that my offline playlists loses some of its songs from time to time. It can happen just two days after i synced the playlist, two or three songs go missing. not that they really are gone, they just turned gray instead of green, so i cant play them! and mabye a few days after this I lose a couple of other songs again! Needing to be synced AGAIN! What kind of motherf**ing bullsh**t is that?! This is EXTREAMLY frustrating expecially when its some of my absolute favourite songs and i'm going on a trip for the weekend and not having access to wifi for a couple of days! Whats happenin!? Anyone?

Other than this, gad i love spotify!

12 Replies

Ok, first one I can answer!

You're on the right track with the "i" (info) button but I'll step through the whole process anyway:

- Tap into a playlist

- Tap to start playing a track

- If the Now Playing screen hasn't popped up with its "windowblind" rollup effect (which should have happened automatically), hit the Now Playing button (arrow in circle, center of the bottom row of icons) to open it up so you can see the play controls and album art

- Hit the "i" (info) button in the bottom right-hand corner

- Beneath the buttons for artist, album and "Add to playlist", you should see a Shuffle button listed beside Repeat:

spotify-shuffle.jpg

The second question... gonna admit defeat.

The Android Spotify app is known to be a little buggy and temperamental, so I'll be honest and say I can't explain what's going on with the de-synced songs. It's possible they're songs that have recently been re-encoded, in which case any client which stored the old versions offline will download the new versions automatically, but I'm not sure why it would just drop the old versions first. However, I invite you to join the ranks of the Impatiently-Awaiting-The-New-Android-App club. 😛

I may be able to answer that second one.

We're currently undergoing some transcoding of tracks that might disconnect the odd track. This is to sort out some audio glitches that occurred in these tracks - the ones that might be desynced in this case. We posted an announcement about it here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Have the same problem no shuffle button on my Samsung S...

Thank you!   My fitness walking playlist, carefully constructed to gradually increase and then decrease beats per minute, was playing on my Motorola Droid 2 cell phone in random order!     You have helped me find the "switch" to turn off shuffling!!!   Thank you very much!

Hi. Can someone tell me how to turn shuffle off? I have a spotify free account plays fine on ipad 4 iOS. Goes to shuffle on android tablet and tells me i need premium to turn if off. HELP!!!

@saralou23 wrote:

Hi. Can someone tell me how to turn shuffle off? I have a spotify free account plays fine on ipad 4 iOS. Goes to shuffle on android tablet and tells me i need premium to turn if off. HELP!!!

What type of android tablet is it? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi again. It's a Cambridge science tablet android 2.3 gingerbread. Does that help?

@saralou23 wrote:
Hi again. It's a Cambridge science tablet android 2.3 gingerbread. Does that help?

What version of Spotify is running on it?

Peter

It's a really early version but how do I tell which?

It should be displayed in the Settings menu of the Spotify application somewhere (although it moves around!).

Peter

Ah found it - version 0.9.1.230

That's the ipad version but what about your android tablet? I expect that you can't run the most recent spotify version on gingerbread which is needed for the new spotify free. I doubt there's anything you can do about this.

Suggested posts