Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Hi all.

My music keeps getting paused and I get a message saying 'your Spotify account is in use elsewhere'

I've posted in that big thread and the mod has logged me out of all devices, and I've changed my password too and still it happens. Is there any way to find out who is using my account and how to boot them out?

Thanks

4 Replies

Hello!

If you have posted here and changed your password, you might want to change your email password and/or email, and if you are using facebook, your facebook password and facebook email. You can contact Spotify directly here, to see if they can see who is using your account. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

PLEASE help - my music pauses because someone else is using my account - haven't got a clue where and how.
It is driving me mad!

What to do???

how did you solve this? It is driving me mad.

Hey there. Award Winning Artist here.

Music can pause itself for many reasons.

1. Someone else hacked your account and using it. -> Change password and log out all persons here. https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

2. Your internet connection is bad and it causes this. -> Try to improve connection, for example use Ethernet or stable no-mobile connection. This improves playback.

3. You pressed somehow by mistake playback in your another device. -> Make sure another device is not near you, so you can't easily again set it by mistake to play.

If no help from these, please just let me know! 🙂

Suggested posts