Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song I've never listened to is the only song that plays and can't be paused

Solved!

Song I've never listened to is the only song that plays and can't be paused

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

My Question or Issue

First Man by DSmash is the only song that plays. I'll play something else and after a second it's gone - whole queue is wiped - and only that song plays. Tried skipping, moving to the end, etc and it just repeats and repeats and repeats. Only way to stop it is to force close Spotify. It started by cutting out a song in my Daily Mix and can't escape it. I've restarted my phone, wiped the cache, I'll try reinstalling next but this is one bad bad bug guys.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here. I changed my password (as per FAQ suggestion), and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have tested on desktop app and the same thing is happening there. Apparently I can only listen to one song on Spotify now?

Marked as solution

Same here. I changed my password (as per FAQ suggestion), and it worked.

Well I feel dumb. Thank you!

Very same thing happened to me just moments ago. Noticed that spotify had another device open in a google chrome browser. I did not have any google chrome window up when this occured, so it was clear enough that someone had access my account through another device not of my own. I immediately logged into my account, signed out of everywhere, and changed the password. Problem solved, but still concerning as to how this happened.

Unfortunately also after changing password and logout all the devices, less than 3 hours it still happening again. 

How can I solve this issue?

Just had the same problem, I'm guessing it's someone looking to get mass streams on this horrible song. I managed to get it to stop by logging out of all devices. After reading this I changed my password as well, hopefully this holds up so I never have to hear that song again. Makes me think there should be some sort of report for spam button now or something. I was only able to report for explicit content so I went ahead and did that. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Suggested posts