Country

Sweden

Device

Motorola Moto X

Operating System

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

My Question or Issue

Hi,

When I start a playlist my phone can usually play about three songs and then it stops between 7-12 seconds into the song. I've tried restarting the app, my phone and reinstall the app but it still has the same problem, and once it stops it won't play any song at all for some time. Though if I wait for maybe 15 minutes it starts playing again.

The problem happened today at 12:43 GMT+2 (Swedish time) if that's to any use.

This has been going on for a couple of months. Spotify works fine on my Windows desktop.

4 Replies

Hello @yoghurt1,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Take a look at this Spotify Answers to see if this helps.

Hope it does! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This is an ongoing problem that has been reported numerous times. I logged a similar report 2 weeks ago here but no response from Spotify. It would be interesting to know if the recommended solution solves your problem, as it doesn't for me.

If it doesn't work then you are probably going to just have to live with it as no-one from Spotify will respond to your thread anymore. I imagine that it's an issue that affects so few "customers" that it isn't worth assigning any resources to investigating and resolving it.

I've just realized that Spotify works on different networks so it was probably a network problem. It still doesn't work with my network though so Spotify is kind of unusable at home.

Thanks for your help!

Didn't see this! Thanks for the reply and interesting to hear that other people has (exactly) the same problem. At home this happens all the time, even when I'm right next to the router, but today I had no problem when I was outside my home and I think it has always worked outside so it possible that it's a connection issue...

Somehow the combination of my phone, my wireless network and Spotify seems to cause this problem.

Suggested posts