Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won't download on Premium

Song won't download on Premium

After the last Spotify update, the songs I try to save to my library are getting stuck in an eternal "downloading" cycle. They appear under the library itself and can be played while online but are not actually saved to the offline library. Any ideas why this is?

2 Replies

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/the_basics/listen-offline-troubleshooting/

• Check the device is not in sleep mode.
  • Make sure there’s enough free space on the device’s memory (we recommend at least 1GB).
  • The device must have an active internet connection.
  • You can only download music to a maximum of 3 separate devices (see: 'Manage your active offline devices' below). 
  • Check you haven’t reached the device’s downloaded songs limit (3,333 songs per device).
  • You need an active Premium subscription
  • Make sure your account has been online at least once within the last 30 days. 

I currently have all of these things. I only have two devices with Spotify active and I only have about 370 songs total across all sources. To clarify what has happened, I try to download a song to my library and it just sits there and never actually downloads. A quick and extremely unhelpful solution is constantly switching between download and just saved, by flipping the selector at the top of the playlist, but if you have all of the songs on the set already downloaded and you do this it erases them all and you have to try and download them all again.

Suggested posts