Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Going for 30 Seconds

Songs Going for 30 Seconds

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that there are a few albums in which he songs now only play for 30 seconds, instead of the full length.

Here is a list of albums I've noticed being affected:

Any word on if this is a glitch, or intentional? This is happening in both the Windows Client, as well as Android.

James

15 Replies

Seems there was a double posting. Not sure why ๐Ÿ˜• If a mod can remove the second posting, that would be well ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have removed that extra topic for you. 

Just had a quick listen, I didn't come across any tracks with weird behaviour, but I didn't have time to listen to them all! 

Would you be able to link directly to a track which seems broken?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Here is a list of tracks which I am having particular issue, but I will stress that ALL tracks on the 2 albums are showing this issue.

http://open.spotify.com/track/0oocec1S71TX5n8w8TVFoA

http://open.spotify.com/track/1VWd6qM0VlcCErAHbxnrtY

http://open.spotify.com/track/1cC9YJ8sQjC0T5H1fXMUT2

I've also installed Spotify on a fresh machine (clean Windows), and the same issue occurs.

James

That is weird, I don't have any problems listening to those tracks.

Are those tracks local files on your computer? 

Peter

Peter

I do not. The songs should go for between 3 - 5 minutes each, not the 30 seconds.

James

Swatmajor1 - Thanks for this, I've forwarded it onto the content team. We'll ask the label to send us a new version.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same problem with Tal Wilkenfeld's album "Transformation" on Android. Each track plays for 30s then skips to the next one , like a taster. I am a Premium user.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your help in this matter. I look forward to having the albums back to their full glory. Love me some Dr WHo music ๐Ÿ˜„

James

Oh, and here is another album to look into: http://open.spotify.com/album/41bASRUcYEPUdDY4CSmHdA

Just to stop this thread getting out of hand, there is an official "pathway" to take when reporting incorrect tracks. 

You can pass your information directly to the same people Richard did by following the steps outlined in this post. That is the best way to report such issues.

Peter

Peter

Hi all, I've just had this issue pop up on my Android device, it seems to be happening on all the doctor who soundtracks. When I look up the song on open.Spotify, the full track length is displayed, but when I play it I only get 30 seconds. I've added a couple of tracks to an offline playlist (ie it is stored on the device) and it only shows as a 30 second track. I'm a premium user, but it looks a lot like a sampling function and I'm pretty annoyed if that's what it is.

I also don't believe this should be filed under incorrect tracks. The tracks seem to be fine, it is Spotify that is causing the problem I believe, given the diversity of tracks seen and the similarity between the problems, being exactly 30 seconds being played.

swatmajor1 and MikeTJ - It's the tracks, not your Spotify. I've had a look through all those Doctor Who soundtracks and told the content team about albums affected. It looks like the label gave us some preview versions instead of the full ones. We've reached out to them, so should get some updated versions soon.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My apologies, thanks for your help on this. What sort of turnaround time do you usually get?

Well, I've been told new copies are being re-delivered. I can't say how long this will take though, unfortunately. Soon, I hope.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts