Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Huawei Honor 8 Lite

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

If I add one or more whole albums they appear in alphabetical order and not sorted by album and song order (according to the album added).  I have the playlist ordered to be on "Recently Added" on all my devices.
Example:

spotify_wrong.png

The above image is the order as shown and played on my phone. However the two albums where added at the same time so they are in the wrong order. The correct order is as shown below which is how it's shown and played on the desktop app on all my other devices.

spotify_correct.png

I have tried reinstalling the app but that didn't work.

If I connect to another device while playing from my phone the other device will play in the wrong order but if I just play another song on that device it starts playing in the correct order.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't know if there was an update or something but the problem is gone now.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @yaoses, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though 🙂 

Does the issue persist if you try to recreate the issue using a different account? Also, when you tried a reinstall, did you follow the exact steps listed here for a clean reinstall?

Let us know.

Hello.

Neither doing a clean reinstall or using another account seems to work.

Hey @yaoses.

Since all the album songs were added at the same time, sorting them by recently added could be causing this issue.

Let's try removing the "Recently Added" filter on your mobile device to check if the order matches the one on the desktop.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Yes, that is what's causing the problem. It works when I remove "Recently Added" as a filter. However I would like to be able to sort by "Recently Added" on my phone. I tried viewing the playlist from an Iphone X and it seems to work perfectly. 

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Could you send us the exact Spotify version you're using? Also, have you tried restarting your phone?

If you have a similar Android device you could use, try using it with your Spotify account to see if it behaves the same.

Keep us posted.

I've had the same issue for weeks. The PC version works fine, but the albums get completely messed up on the Android version. It's so annoying.

Hey @felipw.

Sorry to hear you´re also having this inconvenience.

Could you send us the information above as well? We'll take a closer look.

Keep us posted.

Marked as solution

I don't know if there was an update or something but the problem is gone now.

We're glad to hear the problem is gone now.

Feel free to give us a shout if your Spotify starts misbehaving again.

All the best.

The problem is gone, but I noticed Spotify is now working with a system in which saving songs makes them go to the bottom of the list instead of the top as it used to be.  This is happening on both PC and Android. So you oficially have to filter by Recently added.  Gotta get used to it, I guess. 

Suggested posts