Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND (Samsung GS3)

Solved!

Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND (Samsung GS3)

Hi Guys,

I'm having this problem, but I'm getting no sound via headphones on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Running ICS).

Any clear help would be much appreciated!!

Tom.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, strangely it seems to need a specific series of events.

Didn't work = Play music through loudspeaker ans then plug in headphones while playing.

Restarted,

Didn't work= Restarted with headphones plugged in and tried again, system didn't even acknowledge headphones (even when unplugged and plugged in again).

Restarted

WORKED= Start phone, open spotify, DON'T play music, plugin headphones, press play.

Doesn't make sense to me, but it's currently working. Sorry guys 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi, I moved this to the android section, as it isn't about the windows desktop client 😉

Hey 🙂

Are you sure that Spotify's volume is turned on inside the client and the volume is not muted in your android settings?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hey,

Sorry, could you run through where and what I would need to check please? I can't find any settings that would suggest otherwise, and it works on loud speaker.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Okay, strangely it seems to need a specific series of events.

Didn't work = Play music through loudspeaker ans then plug in headphones while playing.

Restarted,

Didn't work= Restarted with headphones plugged in and tried again, system didn't even acknowledge headphones (even when unplugged and plugged in again).

Restarted

WORKED= Start phone, open spotify, DON'T play music, plugin headphones, press play.

Doesn't make sense to me, but it's currently working. Sorry guys 🙂

Glad you got it sorted 🙂 

Peter

Peter

I'v seen similar behaviour on my Galaxy Note. From time to time it will now suddenly stop playing. It might play when I'm leaving the office, and when I'm on my way home, it stops. Song is still playing but the sound just stops. When I pause / swap songs or such, it doesn't do anything. Restarting the app doesn't do anything. Log out and Log In does. After this songs again stream.

I think this is a bug in the way songs are streamed or when the connection is swapped from wifi to 3g or something else.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi

i'm ffinding the same issue on my HTC app. I can't seem to find anything with regard to volume settings on the app. Could someone please give me a step by step guide on how to resolve the issue.

thanks

Pam

I'm having the same problem as Pam. I have a droid incredible and I can't anything when songs are playing, with or without headphones, and yes, the media volume on my phone is all the way.  up

i've tried the troubleshooting

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

and when I synced my phone, I couldn't find the spotify folder. I did everything else and nothing's changed.

Have you tried completely powering off your device (taking the battery out) if possible and restarting? 

Peter

Peter

I can't take my battery out of my phone. I tried something where I held down the power and volume buttons at the same time, it was supposed to have the same effect as removing the battery, but it didn't do anything.

Hey, on my shuffle it will play the first song, volume fine. When it automatically shuffles to next song, no volume. If I physically swipe to next song, volume is fine. Only when it automatically shuffles, no volume. Anyone experiencing same issues?

Yes.  Exact same issue.  Getting no where on fixing this.  Dropping Spotify.

Suggested posts