Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are grayed out

Songs are grayed out

Hi Spotify, I found 2 songs I love recently and I can't play them. What's up with that?

Love is endless - MoZella

Something in common - Free Energy

Please help! 

Screenshot_20180807-204800.png
6 Replies

Hello @Moniasuka. I'm sorry to say that this means the content is no longer available. This can happen if licencing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Songs that are grayed out may reappear soon. Thank you.

Hi @RichardTeh. I have similar problem. Some songs on my playlist are unavailable to play even though they are not grayed out. The first one I noticed is Africa by Toto, when I try to play it not only this song doesn't play but the same happens for other songs. When I refresh the playlist it comes back to normal but the same songs still don't want to play. I use Spotify premium.

Hi @Arratyn. Hmm that's quite odd. The song Africa by Toto works fine on my laptop as well as my phone. Do you use Wi-Fi connection or mobile data? Maybe try other connection. Also, have you try restarting your device? Perhaps that will help~ Hit me up if you need further help!

@RichardTeh

I tried using Wi-Fi, mobile data and offline version, without any results. Clearing app's chase didn't help as well. Maybe I should try reinstalling?

I have this problem with seven songs, all of them were added around the same time. The songs are:

-I don't like mondays by The Boomtown Rats

-Africa by Toto

-(I just) Died in your arms by Cutting Crew

-Sweet dreams (are made of this) - Remaster by Eurythmics

-Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears

-Careless whispers by George Michael

-Dance me to the end of love by Leonard Cohen

I'll try to check if I can play them on my PC when I have an opportunity.

I reported this issue in the past with a song from Jason Derulo and it was fixed in less than 2 days. Are you completely sure this isn't just a technical issue?

I can't be sure that it's not a technical problem, I've noticed it at least more then week ago thou

Suggested posts