Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't unique across albums and singles

Solved!

Songs aren't unique across albums and singles

When I download an album containing several songs, that should also be apply to some individual singles as well.

For example, look at below album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/50FHINh9xisewZgfucGbVL?si=m4KjIrdnTn-g1F6QyXO0WA

I downloaded it fully. Now, look at below single track:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1PQ8K9syD1KiKORuiRWF1w?si=AOxnxQasSo2Kip4w1PWDlA

Look at both's songs. They are exactly same. But, for the second one, it shows its not downloaded. Downloaded songs should work across different albums. Moreover, the track ids if both ARE ALSO SAME.

Because, I get suggested songs (my daily mixes), that contains these singles only and I often don't have internet connection. If I download that single song again, that also occupies its own space as well.

Spotify version: 8.5.62.904 ( Android )

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RaviKavaiya,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

You're right - these are the same song with the same URI. However, they are treated as separate entities depending on whether they're uploaded as a single and/or as part of a full album.

While this is currently the expected behaviour of the app, we suggest you head over to this idea and add your vote to it. Spotify Staff will look into the idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Hope that helps clear things up! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @RaviKavaiya,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

You're right - these are the same song with the same URI. However, they are treated as separate entities depending on whether they're uploaded as a single and/or as part of a full album.

While this is currently the expected behaviour of the app, we suggest you head over to this idea and add your vote to it. Spotify Staff will look into the idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Hope that helps clear things up! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Suggested posts