NEXT STEP

Songs cut randomly for a second or two

Songs cut randomly for a second or two

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

It started a few days ago I believe but got worse. Every now and then the songs cut for a second or two. Sometimes it is every 3-6 seconds, sometimes it is once a song. It sometimes happen durring a song then it wont do it for a few and start again. But it's just often enough to annoy me, I can't just ignore it and it make me anxious. (I am listening to my music to calm down during moment of high anxiety

/to avoid panic attacks and this isn't helping/it is making it worse)

It doesn't stop the song. It doesn't skip to the next one.

I have no idea why it started but I want it to stop. 

I checked online for solutions and tried pretty much everything. Things going back from 2016 easily. I cleared my cache, tried offline, changed quality to low etc

It is getting to the point I am considering canceling my subscription. Is there something to be done?

Also it started to skip more than a second or two as I am writing this.

3 Replies

Hey @DexterLittle91,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

For us to be able to look into this, it'd be great if you'd let us know the following additional info:

• Device(s)

• Exact version of the operating system every device is running

• Exact version of Spotify

• Does it happen on WiFi or 3G/4G? Home or work network?

• How much storage space is there available on your device? 

• Do you use an SD card with your device?

• Do you use any Chromecast devices with Spotify?

• Do you use any cache-clearing apps?

• Does it also happen if you use a different device? 

We'll look out for your updates and be available if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

• Device(s) - LG G6

• Exact version of the operating system every device is running - Android version 9

• Exact version of Spotify - 8.5.58.954

• Does it happen on WiFi or 3G/4G? Home or work network? - Both on wifi and my phone's internet. Both at home and went out doing errands.

• How much storage space is there available on your device? - 5gb free on my phone

• Do you use an SD card with your device? - No

• Do you use any Chromecast devices with Spotify? - I do rarely when using it on my tv

• Do you use any cache-clearing apps? - I don't

• Does it also happen if you use a different device? - I don't use it with anything else than my phone. I would've test it on other devices if I had other ones before poating here to see if it might come from my phone or not.

Done and sent

Suggested posts