Songs disappear from queue

Plan

Premium

Country

Devicr IPhone SE

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

when I queue songs or even just drag them to the top of the "next track" list, one song will be played and the other will jump back to their original place in the list unless I go back to the home screen after every single drag - in this way I can add songs to the queue and they stay - it is incredibly annoying and time consuming and the last two updates didn't fix it

All the best 

9 Replies

Hey @AnelaWin.

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies for not replying any sooner!

This was a known issue which our tech folks were working on, and they appear to have resolved it since on Android, but not on iOS. If you're still having trouble, make sure to head on over here and follow the thread for updates.

Let us know if we can do anything else for you 🙂

Best,

P

I just spent a good 10 minutes adding songs that I needed to listen to for an assignment to my 'play next' queue on my PC but after a few songs the rest of the songs disappeared and other music started playing. I'd like to know how to keep the full list up to play through, or how to find the original list again without having to search them all again. 

Hey @trinsa_,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app first? Make sure to clear all your Spotify app data - you'll find the steps to do that here.

Let us know how you get on - we'll be here to help if you need it 😉

I have the same issue with the queue! The bug has been present for years now and nobody even bothered to fix it. It's a disaster, really. I had even written a post about it some time ago but received no answer whatsoever. The problem occurs most frequently when I try to switch between devices. From my experience, there's about 80% chance that you will lose your queue if you switch between the devices. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes it works fine for even a week but usually you lose it eventually. Honestly, if this doesn't get fixed in the coming months I will take the effort to transfer all my music to Youtube Music. 

Hey @zetpe,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app as @Peter suggested?

Also - are you connected to the same internet connection as the other device you're switching to? The devices need to be connected to the same internet connection to be able to sync. If so - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists? 

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The clean app reinstall has been done at least a few times together with a phone factory reset. I used to suspect that it had something to do with Android killing the app too often. Unfortunately, the issue kept occuring even though the app was locked in memory for an extended period of time. 

What I mean by "switching between devices" is e.g. casting the songs through chromecast or switching to the windows app (always up to date). Also, I suppose it shouldn't make any difference, but the queue also disappeared after opening the phone app while connected to my bluetooth car stereo. The occurrence of the issue is not consistent. Sometimes the queue (I usually make them quite long, but the shorter ones also disappear) remains in the app for over a week, sometimes it's gone when I open the app the next day. 

I always keep the app up to date. I'm currently using 8.5.85.894.

Hey @zetpe,

Thanks for getting back to us with the detailed description of your situation.

Based on the info gathered so far, it would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue we have at the moment. The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for it if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

2022 and I still have this issue
I'm using Spotify app on both Windows 10 and 11 and they both have the same problem
sometimes I would spend 5-10 minutes adding a bunch of songs in the queue but after coming back and having a look into it, 50% of random songs were gone. like I added 123456789 but I came back it's 135689 like that. So annoying wasting my time for nothing.

Same issue…

As I listen a lot to music I find the que to be a very handy tool… only to find out that lot of the times multiple albums disappeared from the cue list… very frustrating as I am constantly finding new artists and new albums that I would love to explore.

Hey Spotify… improve your app… this issue is going on for multiple years… 

Also why don’t I get a notification anymore when adding a track by accident twice in a playlist? This is/was a very handy function since I curate multiple playlists and listen so much that it happens that I pass by an artist I’ve heard before…

Kind regards. 

Suggested posts