Calibrations91
Casual Listener

Waiting on a response again.......

Solution!

Re: Songs downloaded from Youtube work on Spotify app for laptop but not mobile

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @Calibrations91,

There's no guarantee that all files will work as local files, but we'll make sure to help you out as much as possible. 

First, it's a good idea to divide the tracks into different folders and then synchronise them. This is to check if there's only one file which is troublesome. Have a couple of tracks in each folder.

After that, make sure to connect both your devices to the same mobile hotspot. 

Let us know how that goes, and send screenshots of any error messages you get.

All the best!

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

View solution in original post

Calibrations39
Regular

I finally have gotten it to work! I have my local files from Youtube on my laptop's Spotify. I set up a mobile hotspot on my phone and connected my laptop to the hotspot. Then I moved each song individually to a playlist, downloaded the song and then downloaded it on my Spotify for mobile. Don't delete the songs from their individual playlists, just move it to a playlist with the rest of the local files. Otherwise the local file songs will not play. 

Thank you!

ErikaMoon
Casual Listener

Hi Calibrations39! If you still cannot solve this problem, try downloading audio files with a Youtube to mp3 converter. This will work 100% and it's easy to do. This method is available for both Android and iOS phones. You can copy-paste MP3 files from your PC to iTunes, did you know that? It's kind of boring if you want to download a bunch of audio files, but it's easy to get used to it.

SUGGESTED POSTS