Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs downloading extremely slowly

Songs downloading extremely slowly

I'm currently using Spotify 7.5.0.1076 on Android 7.1.1. I have Spotify premium and I've previously been able to download songs very quickly to my phone to play offline. However, for the past few weeks songs have been downloading extremely slowly. For example, I've been attempting to download a playlist  with ~40 songs for the past week. It is currently ~60% done.

I have an active wifi connection, I do not have too many songs downloaded (in fact, I've tried removing albums and playlists just in case) and I have >6GB free on my phone. Also, this seems to be Spotify specific, podcasts in other apps have been downloading just fine.

Any idea what the problem is? Is this is related to a software update?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Hey @jtlad

Thanks for getting in touch with the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

In this case, follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your account page and click Offline devices in the menu on the left. 
  2. Click REMOVE REMOVE ALL DEVICES.
  3. Reinstall the app. Here's how
  4. Save your offline tracks again. 

Let us know how it goes or, if you have any questions 🙂

Sophia, 

Did it solve the problem?  I'm experiencing the same issue right now.

Tried it. Didn't work. Now I have to re-download all the songs extremely slowly. 😞

It didn't work.

Let's see. We're paying for the premium version of Spotify and have to experience this slow download issue??? The differences between free and premium are the adds and the possibility tomlisten online!!!!!

Net Neutrality!

Suggested posts