Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep redownloading

Solved!

Songs keep redownloading

Everytime I open the Spotify app on my mobile it redownloads every song I have, then when I go out and use the app to listen to my music it starts downloading again using mobile data. Even though I'll wait untill it's downloaded all the songs via WiFi then make all songs available offline (little green arrow appears). I haven't had this problem before untill the most recent update. Its very annoying as I use it quite alot on the go (work, gym, car) and it's nearly put me over my data allowance!! Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and why I can't listen to my music offline?
24 Replies
Marked as solution

yo i contacted spotify and the real reasson is your storage is sd card. sometimes spotify disconnects sd to spotify so u need to use ur internal storage. its real if it works like and mark it as solution

That's BS because there is nothing wrong with my SD card. I have more than enough space available for a lot more data and I have plenty of other pictures on the card and can keep taking more. Spotify just doesn't fix their **bleep**. Of course swapping the SD card will 'fix' the problem because you're downloading all of the music AGAIN.

How do i do this? 

Hello all. I have figured out the solution to fixing my issue. What I realized was that the audio quality was set to EXTREME somehow. What that does is try to download everything I guess and ends up locking you out of all your songs. I'm not sure why it doesn't allow the SD card to be used to store the data at that point. On my phone Spotify was using 6 gigabytes of space but yet I had no songs available yet again. So I guess that a change in song quality will end up locking you out of your downloaded songs. So what I did was delete Spotify completely, set audio quality to high BEFORE MY FIRST DOWNLOAD and made sure it was set to store my songs on my SD card right away. All 1,484 of my songs downloaded and are accessible. Everything works as it should right now and there is plenty of space still available on my SD card that Spotify told me there was a problem with, there was no change in the hardware, the only problem was with glitching/buggy Spotify creating errors when changing audio quality and where data gets stored. I'm sure it could be fixed but I don't think it will be. Hopefully this helps everyone fix their storage issue or songs being downloaded over and over.

I find it pretty lame I had to solve this because support who gets paid to do these fixes isn't here to help. I had the same issue with Samsung and a 4k TV, I had to figure out a fix for the community. I guess they get your money and that's it, they don't care after that.

I believe its the isp, making you use you data so they can make you use it up, they make money that way.

Suggested posts