Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs missing and out of order when playing album in Android Auto

Songs missing and out of order when playing album in Android Auto

Here's my setup: Google Pixel XL running latest Android update, latest Spotify app, and using Android Auto in a new 2017 Honda Civic.

My issue: when playing a downloaded album in Spotify on my phone, all tracks appear and the songs play in order. However, attempting to play the same album via the Android Auto app (this happens in the Android Auto app whether it is connected to my car or not), the album does not play all songs, and plays the songs out of order.

Shuffle is off, repeat is off, etc. What could I be missing here?

5 Replies

Any ideas, anyone?

No one else has seen this issue?

It's been a while since you've asked your question, but I'm curious if you ever found a solution. It's a pretty infuriating problem. 

The worst part is that the album comes back as a top result if I say something like, "Play the album 'The Beautiful Game'", but instead of playing the album it plays some random collection of songs that show up *beneath* the album. So strange. So frustrating. 

No response or assistance at all, I'm afraid. I had some people from Spotify support ask questions and recommend a couple of things via Twitter Direct Message, but when they didn't fix the issue, I stopped getting responses.

Still seeing some guidance....

Was there a particular reason for starting a new thread when there are already two existing threads concerning albums on android auto? As Spotify seem to be ignoring this issue, your best options are to contact them direct and keep pressing them or, post a new issue in the bugs section which is at least monitored.

Existing threads:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/54158/...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Albums-do-not-play-in-order-on-Android-Auto/m-p/1710210

Suggested posts