Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not being added to my "liked Songs"

Solved!

Songs not being added to my "liked Songs"

Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

Liking individuals songs will add it to "Liked Songs" but if I try and save an album it won't add it to liked songs. Even if I go to the album unlike and relike each individual song it will still not add the songs to "Liked Songs". Once I have saved an album there is no way for me to also add them to "Liked Songs". I want to be able to listen to all my music like I was able to do before the removed the "Songs" tab from the mobile app. I don't want to have to create a playlist and add each song and album again after I already have them in my library. This feature is completely ridiculous and broken.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback about saving songs to Your Library!

As mentioned already, when you add an album to Your Library, it will now appear under Albums.

In order to save the individual songs from an entire album, you can do the following:

• On mobile, tap on the three dots followed by "Like all songs"
  • On desktop, select all songs (Ctrl/Cmd + A), right-click and select "Save to your Liked Songs"

If you'd like to provide further feedback on this, the best way to go about it is via the Idea Exchange - make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

27 Replies

I have the same issue 😅

Hey @Cuarke and @alexandrmountn,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

When you add an album to Your Library, it will appear under Albums. If you like each individual track in the album, they should then be saved in the Liked Songs folder under Playlists.

If that isn't working correctly for you, do you mind trying a quick clean reinstall and seeing if that solves it for you?

Let us know how it goes!

Hello,

I also have the same issue.

I’ve liked the song and I search it up in my likes music and it does not show up.

I tried adding it to my playing and seeing it It will pop up in my liked playlist but it is not there.

Ive tried liking and unliking many times.

thanks 

So if I want to listen to all my songs on shuffle now it won’t include songs that I’ve liked when liking an album as one? Do I have to like each song individually or just listen to that one album at a time with no chance to shuffle it with everything else?

Unless I’m missing something, this is **bleep**. 

also just checked the albums tab, it says none of them are downloaded but if i click on the album all the tracks are and i have to click the download tab again for the green arrow to show up in my library.

Not the best update. 

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea at Spotify? Without the logical connection between Artist-Album-Song we no longer have a personal music library. This makes no sense. You should have just made a playlist called "Liked Songs" alongside the existing music library. Absolutely ludicrous decision by Spotify.

Can you please fix this?? Again, if you click "save" on a whole album it should be added to your songs list (and therefore your liked songs playlist they just created). Some of us still like having whole albums in our libraries. Please fix this!

who the heck thought that putting LIKED ALBUMS and LIKED SONGS in two seperate categories is a GREAT idea????

I thought that my spotify is freaked up or something when I CLEARLY downloaded the whole album but it didn't show up on the liked songs.

I guess this is the most **bleep**ed update on top of changing app icon update

Let's get this straight. Let's say I want to shuffle all my songs. And I want new songs included in that shuffle. I now have to click 10-30 times every time I find a new album I like to get them into that shuffle?

What's the alternative, shuffling entire albums? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Who thought that inconveniencing your customers was a good idea? Why fix something that isn't broken?

Darren

Yup, that is correct. In the phone apps they have an option to "Like all songs" from the album, but I don't see it on the desktop version. This logic goes against music library standards that have been around since the start of digital music.

Why they couldn't keep the music library while also having a "Liked Songs" playlist is beyond me.

This makes no sense at all. Why on earth would I not want every song added to my liked songs when I like an album? Now I have to select all songs, right click and add them to my liked songs. It's such an insanely stupid 'feature' that you'd have to think it's a bug.

This update with liked songs is absolutely awful. 

The 'support' is even worse. 

For me, if I like an album, it puts all songs into like songs. 

If I then unlike the album, all of the songs still stay in liked songs 

That's dumb.

Is there any chance to change that behaviour? Now I need to like each song from album to shuffle all songs I like. Are you working on some solution for that? Is it bug or a feature?

There is no way around it. If there was an option to like an album that's be great or a faster way to like each song than play them all and press the heart for each song. Again : bad update.

I'm so glad other people aren't impressed with this update. It truly is
awful

True that. Love music love the discover weekly and release radar I still like this app more than am on music but Im having trouble controlling my frustration when it used yto be so much easier.

I just spent a 1/2 hour trying to figure this out... Click on the album. Then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. Then click on “Like all songs”. Crisis averted. 

it would be inifinitely easier to add the entire album to liked songs and remove ones we do not wish to be saved rather than adding individual songs from an album.

With each update, this interface gets worse and worse.  "Liked From Radio" was a universally loved feature. Gone.  Songs tab, gone.  The list goes on.

Suggested posts