Songs not downloading

Re: Songs not downloading

luigi_force
Music Fan

I have tried all that, but I am afraid, that nothing has worked. I am still unable to download my songs. It took a whole hour to download 8% of my playlist, which only has 180 songs. And this, at normal quality, at high quality, the count never leaves 0%. I hard reset my device again, cleared everything there was to be cleared, but still the same results. 

Joe
Community Legend

Did you download and install speedtest as I suggested earlier. Running it will at least eliminate any networking issues which seemed to me to be a good starting point. Give it a try and let us know what it says.

luigi_force
Music Fan

Yes I did and my connection is fine, as I stated earlier, I tried that at my cousin´s house also with good internet connection and got the same results.

EDIT: Now it´s not even downloading at all. 

EDIT 2: 10 minutes later, 2%. The download should have been completed by now as far as I remember. 

Is there any chance I can get the previous version just to try? Can´t this be an issue with my account or something? My device is working properly, did all the steps suggested, including checking my internet connection.

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hey again @luigi_force, sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Would you mind offering some extra info like the following so I can pass it on to the right team? 

• Do you have a VPN enabled? 
  • What device, and version of Spotify are you running? Are there any updates available? 
  • Have you tried resetting your network settings? 

It might shed a bit more light to the troubleshooting direction we should follow.

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

luigi_force
Music Fan
I am currently at version 7.4.0.1799, my device is a Lenovo Vibe K5 A6020l36. I am not using a VPN. As I said, the problem persisted even in another house and a totally different ISP.

luigi_force
Music Fan
Not sure if it's a coincidence but after 7.5 update I am able to download my songs again. It took less than 20 minutes to download a playlist with 200 songs.

KatesHere
Community Legend
Hey again @luigi_force, glad to hear everything is back in working order!!

Let us know if you have any more issues :)

Happy Spotify-ing,
K
RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

SUGGESTED POSTS