Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs play but no sound - Android, Xperia Z5

Songs play but no sound - Android, Xperia Z5

All of a sudden there is no sound when playing Spotify on my phone. It started a week ago and since then I've deleted and reinstalled daily but that hasn't fixed it. It's not an issue with my phone or headphones as all other music apps work. I've had to install Apple Music 😞 Any idea what could be wrong? I haven't found anyone online with the same issue.
8 Replies

Did you get any reply or solution from Spotify team?

I have the exact same problem on my Z5. 

I haven't had a reply, and I am still suffering with the issue. I did manage to get the app working again by restarting my phone, but I still regularly lose sound and have to restart again. The problem seems to arise when I listen to the desktop app and then switch to mobile - I wonder if it is a remote play issue where the mobile thinks I'm still listening via desktop and so acts as a remote rather than a player, but I can''t be sure of that.

I have the same problem on that phone. Andoroid 5.1.1. Don't think the problem is the android version. Somebody from Spotify Team.... Help?

I also have the same problem with my Xperia z5

@channe wrote:
I also have the same problem with my Xperia z5

I noticed that one installed app (some soccer game) interfered with my Spotify. 
Uninstalled it and now it works properly on my Z5.

Yes, the soccer game (Score Hero) was the issue for me too - I've had no problems since I uninstalled it 

"The problem seems to arise when I listen to the desktop app and then switch to mobile - I wonder if it is a remote play issue where the mobile thinks I'm still listening via desktop and so acts as a remote rather than a player, but I can''t be sure of that."

I wonder if setting Spotify to offline would help?

Unfortunately setting Spotify to offline does not solve the problem. At least not for me.

Suggested posts