Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs randomly stop or continue playing but are unable to be skipped or paused

Songs randomly stop or continue playing but are unable to be skipped or paused

The problem I'm having here is one that has only come up in the past few days, my Sportify seems to not want to play music continuously for more than 5-10 minutes until it either stops completely (No Spotify notification for song playing) and/or is not able to be skipped, played or paused

Plan

My plan is the premium plan currently

Device

My phone is a Xiaomi Redmond Note 3 Pro

3 Replies

The message body contains

Just to add to this as I can't seem to find any kind of bug reporting on spotify's wesbite.

I'm experiencing the same issue where music stops. This happens regardless of my network connection and whether i'm playing downloaded music or streaming.

The notification panel keeps dissapearing, my lock screen stops registering that spotify is running, spotify continues playing when I open other audio apps like youtube (normally stops playing in this situation). And the main GUI becomes visibly unresponsive where I can interact with the play/pause/next buttons but the screen doesn't update.

Phone: Galaxy S8+

Android: 8.0.0

Spotify: 8.4.57.803 armV7

Account: Premium

Having the same problem since a couple of days on my Oneplus 5T. Also music keeps playing after I unplug my headphones. 

Also happens to me over the last few weeks. Using version 8.4.60.741 armV7 which is the latest version. Also on some random occurrences  when I'm not using spotify but it's still open, after I close out of another app the music starts playing. I'm a technical person and tried to recreate it but can figure out what spotify is doing for this to happen. I'm a family premiere user and have had enough of this issue. End of this month and I'm moving on if issue isn't resolved.

When the music stops I lose control of my Bluetooth and app does not respond to controls as well. I have Moto z2 running Android 8.0.0

Last post, then you can kiss my monthly subscription goodbye! 

Suggested posts