Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs requested by voice always autoplay (even with Autoplay turned off)

Solved!

Songs requested by voice always autoplay (even with Autoplay turned off)

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

When I'm in the car and I request a song via either Alexa or Google Assistant (both of which are on my phone), Spotify will continue playing music even after the song finishes. I have autoplay turned off.

This issue began about a week ago, before which it respected the autoplay setting as it should.

Things I've tried:

- Toggling autoplay on and back off.

- Clearing the cache, uninstalling, and reinstalling Spotify

- (I tried the above step for Alexa as well)

Nothing has stopped autoplay from happening, even though I have the setting off.

Note: since this happens with both Alexa and Google Assistant, I'm suspicious that it's the Spotify API which stopped respecting autoplay rather than both voice services failing at the same time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi herzog,

To answer your question, this issue does persist on other accounts. I've reproduced on both my account, and a test account that Spotify support provided when I contacted them about this issue.

Ultimately they responded that this was "an expected behavior of the app," very likely a recent feature change. (Although "feature removal" seems more accurate.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey, @icanfathom 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you check if this issue persists on another accounts? And if possible, check on another device too. We'll have the needed info to research this backstage.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi herzog,

To answer your question, this issue does persist on other accounts. I've reproduced on both my account, and a test account that Spotify support provided when I contacted them about this issue.

Ultimately they responded that this was "an expected behavior of the app," very likely a recent feature change. (Although "feature removal" seems more accurate.)

Suggested posts