Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs saved on sd card disconnected and lost

Songs saved on sd card disconnected and lost

I have an SD card which I download all of my spotify playlists to so I can listen offline, but my SD card recently disconnected, resulting in all of my songs no longer being available offline. They still seem to be on the SD card though as the space is still used up. Does anyone know how to either access them again through the spotify app, or at least delete them from my SD card so they are t taking up space and I can just download them again?
10 Replies

I had this happen as well.  I plugged it into my desktop and tried to do a reset but it seems like the card had just died, I bought a new one and it fixed all my issues.

Not the ideal situation, but I'd advise doing a solid reformating if you haven't yet.  If that doesn't work It may just be the card is bad.

I was afraid that might be the case. I was thinking of just backing up photos and then wiping it as a last resort. When it happened to you, did it affect anything else that you had saved on the card like apps or photos?

When I accesed it on the PC I was able to pull all my photos just fine.  I think App wise they all just got transfered back to my phone cause I had enough free space on it, not sure what would have happened other wise.  The good news for you there seems like if you didn't notice the apps failing then you probably are safe on that front.

If you're on Mac I was also able to pull the photos there, but I didn't know off hand how to format so I moved over to PC to do that step.

Everything else on my SD card seems fine, spotify just doesn't seem to be able to recognise that the songs are already saved on the card so won't access them to play them.

I didn't notice the issue until my phone told me my memory was full and I couldn't transfer files to the card.

After I formated the card said it was empty on the computer but when I put it in my phone it read as partially full again, so look out for that.  If it does that then you'll need the new card for sure.

i've got the same problem. Saved my Songs on the SD-card, had to change the Phone, now I have ~8GB of Spotify-songs on the SD card wich i cannot listen to because spotify doesn't recognise it's own folder. My phone has no problems recognising the rest of the data, i also found the spotify folder. The Savepoint for offline-songs also is the Sd-card.
I'm surprised that there isn't any real Tech-support since i'm paying 12 dollars a month in switzerland...

Same problem here. I didn't realise until it said the memory is full. Now Spotify doesn't seem to recognize sd card. Don't know what to do

I would recomend the reformat, but most likely you're gonna have to just buy a new one.

The sd works perfectly on other applications. It's just Spotify doesn't recognize the sd. I've had a look to the archives and all the saved data is there but can't move them neither delete them.

I have exactly the same issue. My SD is just unboxed, works great but unfortunately my mobile phone usually disconnects SD cards (any SD card), that's way I bought a new one, thinking the problem was with the SD card. When my phone disconnects the SD card and I restart it, so the SD card can be read again, BOOM, all my Spotify downloads are gone, but they are there actually in the SD card as all my other data which is still accessible except for Spotify app that for some reason can't "see" the files are still there!! It's very frustrating having to clean all my downloads that suddenly are just junk space and download everything again... kinda stupid... What's wrong Spotify coders? You have already done something amazing with this marvellous app. Can't you fix this minor and stupid little... stupid... little... sorry... issue?

Suggested posts