Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

So this has been happening since my old phone and was hoping that it would be resolved with a new phone but it hasn't. If I play songs that aren't in one of my created playlists (discover weekly, liked songs, etc) they will stop around 10 seconds in. After that, I can't play any songs. If I like (or heart) the song, I can then play it by going to my liked songs playlist. All the songs there play completely fine. Not sure why this issue continues to happen from an old phone to a brand new one. That being said, I doubt a reinstall will fix this issue. Also doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi (300Mbit), LTE, or 5G.  

3 Replies

Hey there @Buttlice

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can indeed be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your mobile device. We recommend you give it a try and then see if you still observe the same issue.  

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Ill give this a try again but i tried this on my previous phone and now the brand new phone has the exact same problem.

I gave it a shot and it worked for a couple days and it's back to doing the same thing again. After 10 seconds of playing a song outside of my liked songs playlist, the song will stop and no songs after that will play. Restarting my phone works for only a couple songs then the issue returns again. I should also mention that this also happened when I was on Verizon and the issue carried over to T-Mobile as well as two different phones.

Suggested posts