Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

So, I use Spotify on a regular basis and this bug is frequent but doesn't happen everyday or everytime.

When I'm playing a song, sometimes, it will randomly stop playing but it won't officially pause. So, my songs stop playing and no sound comes out at all but there is no "play" button, there is just a "pause" button like the song is normally playing when it actually isn't. 

This also happens when I'm listening to songs in playlist and I successfully finish one song and it automatically goes to another: it's like the song starts but there is no sound, only a "pause" button without the actual song playing.

I've tried pausing and unpausing when that happens and it doesn't change anything. Also tried logging out of all my devices and nothing helped. This bug has been irritating me for a while and just now I decided to get some actual help.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

5 Replies

I have the same problem. Been happening a lot since the beginning of May 2019. Thanks for posting in solidarity on this.

This happens to me too, it's been happening since February. About every 5th song Spotify just stops & I have to shut it down & force the app to stop before reopening it. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app, signed in & out & even changed phones but it keeps happening. This is a huge nuisance, please fix it.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

First, just make sure you've performed a clean reinstall, including clearing data (step 4 in the support article).

If that doesn't fix things for you, then do you mind switching to another network and letting us know how that goes?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Hello, Pete! I did a clean reinstall and it didn't change anything. And what do you mean by switching to another network? Thanks in advance, Lorenzo

Same issue for me casting to Android TV, tried all the troubleshooting. Either stops after 3 or 4 songs or dies completely due to 'Sound of the Clash' advert.

Suggested posts