Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony Xperia M5 doesn't show storage function

Sony Xperia M5 doesn't show storage function

Hi

I pay for spotify premium and I have a Xperia M5 as mentioned in the title. It uses Android 6.0 Marshmellow and my 2000 songs have filled up the 3GB of internal storage that was left of the 16GB that was promoted in the brochure, but 10 were already used up by the OS and vanilla apps already when I first bought and started the phone. 

Since I'm an honest working and tax paying customer with an apartment and multiple other services and bills I'm paying for, why am I not seeing the option to store the music to the much bigger SD card I bought for the phone? 

Thank you

- Siim from Estonia

7 Replies

Hey Siim how are you? Can you post the Spotify version please? Also under Settings/Storage do you see the SD card option or not? If you see it, is it grayed out or simply ineffective when you select it? I have other suggestions but if you could advise on these first please. (One last issue, do you already have other stuff on the SD card, I'm sure you do but just checking).

Hi Blue,

My Spotify version is 4.2.0.752. 

In my settings there is no storage option. 

Apart from a few photos and songs, I have nothing on the SD card. It is 32GB

Sorry, I just noticed the version I have is from the stone age and found the option in the update. Thank you

- Siim the inconvenience wizard from Estonia

Glad u found it Siim, best wishes

I updated it to the last one available and I am still not showing the storage option. My phone is a Sony Xperia XA Ultra. Can you please help? I really need to move all my music to my SD card. 

Thanks 

Did you get Spotify pre loaded with the phone? If you did, next question are you premium? If yes to both, note your Spotify account details then disable the pre loaded App. Also remove it from My Apps in play store including the section that lists apps once on the phone. 

Then install from play store, log in, check you are still premium and look at the storage options. All of that assumes you have working sd with plenty of space 

Before you start all the other stuff be sure to log out and back in again on the phone and check before you go my previous message!

Suggested posts