Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony Z1 Sound settings do not apply when spotify is running

Sony Z1 Sound settings do not apply when spotify is running

Sony Z1 Android 4.3 version 14.2.A.1.136

Spotify 0.7.5.698 Premium

Problem. When spotify is running then all extra audio settings (clearaudio+, EQ etc..) dont work. you can chose the setting but they wont apply.

They do work with al other music programs (walkman, Soundcloud etc..)

Phone reset done and spotify reset done.

same problem

Screenshot_2014-02-03-20-10-56.png
6 Replies

Are audio effects turned on or off in spotify settings? Does changing the setting make any difference?

Hi

Effects are on.

changes does not affect the sound played from spotify. all other audio apps changes correctly acording to Sound settings.

This started after the newest spotify update. Could someone with a Z1 verify this problem?

basically all the buld in audio features of the Sony Z1 are worthless with spotify right now

Hello.

Have you solved the problem yet? Im having the same problem with my Z1 Compact. Cant use the equalizer when Spotify is running.

Br Butchi

Same Problem here. Solution would be appreciated.

Hello.

I have solved my issue. The thing is that Spotify is not compatible with the biult in music apps like music fx and more.

This is how I made it it.

I deactivated the built in app music fx.

I deactivated the built in sound "manager" (dont know the english word for it.)

i downloaded equalizer (the name is equalizer on google play store.

Started Spotify and went to sound effects. Then it worked! My new equalizer went on instead of the built in equalizer.

Br Conny from Sweden.

I have the same problem with different devices. Samsung S3 and S4. Now with my Sony Xperia Z. There is always a huge difference in sound quality between the built-in music player and spotify. Even the EQ app dosen't really help. I also use KEF m500, which gives a neutral sound. I am really sad. I'm wondering if the iphone has the same problem. Thanks alot!

Suggested posts