Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sony Z3 / 4.4.4] trouble with playing in the background when screen is locked [LOG]

[Sony Z3 / 4.4.4] trouble with playing in the background when screen is locked [LOG]

Hey,

I have a trouble with playing in the background when screen is locked especially when headphones are connected to device. 

Device: Sony Z3 / 4.4.4

Common problems:
1) Music plays only for ~15 / 20 sec when screen is locked
2) in application play/pause, fwd, backward buttons are clickable but don't respond
3) In lock screen i don't have spotify widget
4) In notification bar i don't have spotify widget when problem occurs

What i should do with that?

clearing cache, reboot the device doesn't help...

possible that logs will help

Have a nice day

3 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Unfortunately, full uninstall did't help. I tried this method many times.

Moreover i had a very important problem - I listened to music on spotify when my friend called. I received a call and music... didn't stop. I listened to my friend and music at the same time... I couldn't stop the music in any way...

Clearly there is a problem between the lockscreen/notification bar and spotify...When tapping a play button, app doesn't respond. The problem resolves itself after a long moment but not always.

steps to produce the error:

1. Open Spotify (Premium)

2. Tap play button

3. Tap lockscreen button (screen is turn off)

4. Tap lockscreen button again (screen is switched on lock screen view where we have Spotify widget)

5. Music plays for about ~15/20 sec. and at the same time i can shut off application where in spite of everything music plays for that 20 sec. Of course application didn't respond to clicking navigation button like play/pause... 

I don't feel like buying next sub as this application is getting useless... 😞

the problem is still not resolved. What is important the Walkman (official music player for Xperia) appilcation works normally and there are no mentioned above problems.

Suggested posts