Free

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

WearOS

My Question or Issue

I have an LTE Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with Jabra 65T bluetooth earbuds. When I try and use it exercising and play music through the watch instead of the phone, the sound quality is terrible. Almost all tracks skip. I do this so I can hear the audio feedback from the Samsung Health app as well. If I use just the inbuilt Music app on the watch with local tracks, it works fine. I've had the same issue with previous attempts at using the Spotify app on an older Samsung Watch.

11 Replies

I got the same issue, the spotify Android Wear app lacks a "quality" setting and just assumes you want bad quality because it's "just a watch afterall" is my guess... 😞

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the songs at full quality when playing from your Galaxy watch.

Can you try the following: 

1. Open Spotify on your Phone
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Set all Audio Quality options to Very High (WiFi streaming/ Cellular streaming/ Download)
  4. Set Audo adjust quality to off

You might need to restart your phone and watch afterwards.

Let us know if this worked for your 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried the above solutions, restarted everything. Quality still sucks on my watch when compared to the phone, using the same Sennheiser Momentum headphones connected via Bluetooth. Is it even possibile to get the best quality on the watch? Please just add a quality settings somewhere 

Hey there @jpinto3488

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community, 

We can confirm that it's expected that the audio quality is lower when you're listening from your Apple watch. For more info, we suggest that you check this explanation from one of our Stars. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is the problem when asking for help in these forums. You get 2 different moderators saying 2 different things. The First mod, Alex, provides some settings to change that imply that this quality issue shouldn't be happening. 

The second mod, Eni, says that it's expected that quality will be "lower" on your "apple watch". The second mod clearly didn't read the entire OP, or the title of the post for that matter, since this thread isn't about Apple Watches. It is asking about a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. 

Support staff can't even get on the same page.

If it is expected that all watches will produce lower quality audio, can I ask why there is even a quality option that causes all tracks to sound like they are being played from a cd player that is skipping? That seems like a really dumb quality option. If that is the only quality level available you might as well just turn off the ability to store music on the watch outright. 

It's not expected that watches produce lower quality. The quality of the
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with other music players is completely normal, the
quality of spotify however is like an old 1950s radio.

Honestly I gave up using the Spotify app on my watch and instead load a playlist of running songs into the Samsung music app.

Try Deezer, the app is very simples but sound quality is great!

**bleep** no xd

Really?? One year later and still no quality setting for Spotify android wear app on galaxy watch 4 and 5 pro?? Very tempted to cancel my Spotify premium if this does not get resolved 

I also use Galaxy Watch 4 model watch, my earphone is Galaxy Buds2 and I have the same problem. While other apps sound very good, spotify has a lower quality sound. We will be glad if you find a solution for this problem, dear authorities. 

Suggested posts