Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound disappears in the beginning of some songs

Sound disappears in the beginning of some songs

Hi,

I have encountered a weird problem, which is a bit difficult to describe. Basically, for some songs, Spotify seems to "lag" for the first two seconds or so. That is, the song will briefly play, then the sound disappears (or the volume becomes very, very low), then the song continues playing regularly. It doesn't start over - it's more as though a very brief interval in the beginning of the song is missing. It seems to happen with specific songs too (especially "Moonage Daydream" by Bowie). I first thought it was the offline music, but I deleted spotify and re-installed and it hasn't helped. Playing the same song over and over can sometimes induce the error. 

What could be causing this? Besides uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and deleting saved music, I have tested my earphones which work fine in other instances.

1 Reply

Some further experimentation:

It seems to happen in all songs, when I skip in them. That is, if I try to play from the middle of a song, it'll start at that interval for a very brief moment, pause, then start playing.

Further, in general the sound quality seems really... off. All over the place. All of this has happened since installing the newest update for Android...

Suggested posts