Step 1

NEXT STEP

Speicherort wechselt von alleine

Speicherort wechselt von alleine

Hallöchen,

zu aller erst ein paar Technische Infos,

Spotify App auf dem Samsung Galaxy S9+ mit Android 9

Folgendes Problem:

Ich wechsel meinen Speicherort für Offline Dateien von Internal Storage zu SD Card.

Nach einem Update der App, nach einen Telefonneustart, sogar nachdem ich die App schließe, ist der Speicher immer wieder zurück auf Internal Storage gestellt.

Ich weiß einfach nicht, was ich machen kann, dass die App den Speicherort auf SD Cart belässt.

27 Replies

Hi, Ich hab genau das gleiche Problem auf dem S8+. Fing vor ein paar Tagen an. Neuinstallation hat für einen Tag gehalten und selbst bei Download auf Handyspeicher wurde heute wieder runtergeladen. Irgendjemand eine Idee?

Hier das Gleiche ;(

Hello @sascha1410@cas139 and @TheWeil,

Thanks for getting in touch. Let's try to set everything back.

It's best to start the process from the beginning. This does mean that you'll need to redownload all songs. Here's how:

1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  4. For a clean reinstall, tap Storage > Clear Data.
  5. Tap Uninstall.
  6. Shut your phone down and start it back up
  7. Go to your account page here and remove all Offline Devices
  8. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.
  9. Go to the settings an choose SD card as storage before you start a download.

Hope it helps! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi, the results:

I cleaned cache and downloaded files, uninstalled and disconnected all offline devices.

Then reinstalled, logged in, changed to the SD storage and downloaded songs.

But as soon as the device is restarted, the storage changes to internal and all downloaded songs are unavailable.

When I leave it like this and only uninstall (without cleaning), reinstall and log in again, spotify is using the SD storage again until the next reboot.

Not that this would be a solution...

This is rather annoying.

None of the tips really helped on my note 8. Deleting all, reinstalling and donloading again helped for a while but then all back to normal problem. Am considering cancelling my spotify account. 

After all this not realy easy manipulations Switch the Download folder after a reboot ig my galsxy s8 plus again to the local folder and i have the problem again. It is difficult and in does not work.

Hi Guido,

I tried but unfortunately it did not help 😞

Update: I think I found the issue. In App settings spotify had no rights for storage on sd card. I activated it and after one restart it is still working.

But weird that the move of data was anyhow working for the time until next restart.

Update Update: Ok it worked for one restart. After a second one same issue again 😞

Anyone else found the issue? I work on Samsung S7 Linage OS 16.0 version Android 9 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

At this point it would be great if you reached out to our support team. They will be able to take it from here and provide you with the help you need. You can contact them here.  

Let us know how it goes. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

So what is this solution?

Same Problem here, S8.

Thanks, Steve 

Gleiches Problem. Bei jedem Neustart springt der Speicherort auf interner Speicher. Alle oben beschriebenen Lösung ohne Erfolg. Was ist da los Spotify? Davor hatte ich jahrelang kein Problem. 

Hey @PortQuo

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 Hope you don't mind us replying in English, as it's the Community's official language.

Could you let us know your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? 

We'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. It is an Samsung Galaxy S20. Tried reinstalling several times. Tried
clearing cache and data under Samsung Settings - Apps - Spotify. Tried
logging off all Spotify devices. Tried formatting SD card. Tried a whole
new SD card. Tried restarting smartphone after reinstallation. Reauthorize
memory setting under Samsung Settings - App - Spotify. And tried a
combination of all the above.

Hello. It is an

Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F

Android 11

Spotify Version 8.6.36. 1070

I try reinstalling several times maybe 20 times! Tried clearing cache and data under Samsung Settings - Apps - Spotify. Tried logging off all Spotify devices. Tried formatting SD card. Tried a whole new SD card. Tried restarting smartphone after reinstallation. Reauthorize memory setting under Samsung Settings - App - Spotify. And tried a combination of all the above.

Hi @PortQuo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure that the SD card is not formatted as Internal memory, since this will cause issues with the Spotify cache as well as possibly causing the SD card to fail.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

Thank you. This function is known to me, but does not exist on Samsung
devices for years. At least not since Android 9. The SD card is therefore
not formatted as internal memory!

Hi again @PortQuo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

It's worth checking if there are any cache clearing apps active on your phone and if so, disabling them.

You can also check if there is enough storage space available on the SD card.

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

I have not installed any apps that clear the cache. I don't have any virus
scanners, optimization apps or the like. And of course I still have enough
space on the memory card. There are 60GB of 120GB free!
I've been using Spotify for years and never had this problem, only since my
switch from Galaxy S10e to Galaxy S20 a few days ago the problem started.

Suggested posts