Step 1

NEXT STEP

Speicherort wechselt von alleine

Speicherort wechselt von alleine

Hallöchen,

zu aller erst ein paar Technische Infos,

Spotify App auf dem Samsung Galaxy S9+ mit Android 9

Folgendes Problem:

Ich wechsel meinen Speicherort für Offline Dateien von Internal Storage zu SD Card.

Nach einem Update der App, nach einen Telefonneustart, sogar nachdem ich die App schließe, ist der Speicher immer wieder zurück auf Internal Storage gestellt.

Ich weiß einfach nicht, was ich machen kann, dass die App den Speicherort auf SD Cart belässt.

27 Replies

Hey @PortQuo,

Thanks for the reply.

This sounds like there might be some issues with the cache on your devices. It'd be best if you contact our customer support team here and ask for them to clear the cache on your devices. After that should clear the app's data on your phone and try setting the storage again.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same Problem on the Samsung Galaxy S20+ with Android 11 and Spotify Version 8.6.48.796 .

One Time a Spotify Worker has resetted my Spotify cache and I reinstalled the whole App. After that it goes well within 3 Restarts of the Phone. After that the storage changed from SD to internal and I had to download all songs again.

Are there any solutions ?

I have the same problem with my S20 but didn't have it with my S9. Is there any update on this issue? This gets annoying.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

In this case, we recommend that you check if you have the Samsung Device Care app installed (Settings > Device Care). If so, adjust the settings in order to exclude Spotify from any optimization that may affect your downloads location. Since the Device Care app optimizes the device's performance by managing tasks and clearing cache and info, its functions may generate conflicts with Spotify. 

Once you make changes, restart your device before launching Spotify again. 

Keep us in the loop.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I have the Same Problem and this already with many different Phone, Sony Xperia Z1, Z5, Honor 8X, Motorola S60 and now Sony Xperia 5 IV. Only Spotify make this Problems, i try all the Things you Tell Here, But nothing Work, so what is the Point? What i can Do, If Spotify can't use a SD Card, the Premium l (what i pay now already for 4 years) is usless...

Hello. I had the same problem. There was no solution. I contacted
Spotify Support who also responded immediately and tried to help but to no
avail. Have two new and very good memory cards bought but without
success. I should then reset my device completely at some point. But that
wasn't an option for me. After a lot of research I found an answer
somewhere in a forum. The problem probably lies in the fact that the SD
card is not yet ready when starting (from the Android side) and Spotify is
already checking whether the memory card is inserted. Spotify then thinks
no memory card is inserted and that causes the problem. So Spotify says
it's due to Android. But why not with everyone? Turn to the support, the
guys are very quick. Much luck.

Habe in einem anderen Forum folgende Lösung gefunden. Teste das gerade mal. Macht aus meiner Sicht auf jeden Fall Sinn.

"Hi hatte das gleiche Problem. du musst dafür die app spotify selbst auch auf die adresse karte verschieben. Dafür musst du in den entwickleroptionen den Punkt aktivieren, dass dies für alle Apps möglich ist."

Bei mir heißt die Funktion "Sperrung des externen Speichers für alle Apps aufheben". Zu finden in den Entwickleroptionen unter "Apps".

Hallo. Das ist eine gute Lösung. Leider geht das bei Samsung nicht und
damit bei 80% der Android User hierzulande.

Schön erbärmlich das Samsung und Spotify das seit Jahren jetzt nicht
hinbekommen.

Suggested posts