Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sportify Premium Android switches to random playlist

Sportify Premium Android switches to random playlist

My Spotify on Android switches to a specific user playlist as soon as I start playing any of my playlists. It is super annoying. What is the issue and how to resolve it?

thanks.

12 Replies

Hey @Buran4ik.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay! We're here to help 🙂

Just to confirm, is it always the same user/ user playlist that it switches to when you try playing one of your own playlists?

If you could provide us with a screenshot to illustate this, that would be great. Just make sure that you don't include any personal or sensitive info in the screenshot.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

HI, looks like that the same (ID is same and music style 🙂 ). it also add to my saved songs list his own songs for download to my device - this is creepy 🙂

screenshots attached.

SmartSelect_20190112-173445_Spotify.jpg
SmartSelect_20190112-173735_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Buran4ik.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just so we can get a better idea of the exact issue, would you mind sending us a screen recording which shows how playing one of your own playlists switches to this playlist?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi, I was sending to support and seems like the issue has been resolved. Since that i did not have the issue. But they did something seems like / bug fixed, I assume.

J.

Same but whenever I play music sometimes it ends up playing another Playlist that Spotify makes when I only want to listien to my liked songs

Hey @dxt_01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Could you please share more about the issue you're having? We're not sure what is happening exactly on your end, so a short video recording could be of much help to us. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Also we hope you're aware about the Autoplay function, which can make your music experience to never stop. But if you don't wish to get continued playlists on the basis of the last song you've reached in another playlist/album, then make sure to switch this setting to off.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Kiril yeah, Spotify playing random songs was a reason to switch to premium because even turning Autoplay off did not help and other reasons but also this glitch happened whenever i was playing long sessions and i got like 20 songs in my liked songs but what happened is i would be playing liked songs and then the next song would play and i would check it it was not in my liked songs when i remember telling spotify to only play liked songs

Hey there @dxt_01

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this after you subscribed to Premium? 

We can confirm that the behavior you described is expected with the free service on the mobile app. Spotify free can help you find new music we think you'll love. That means we’ll continue to suggest tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better the suggestions will become.

If you have less than 15 songs in your Liked Songs, we'll add more songs. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

On another note, you can find all the differences between the free and the Premium service as well as the available subscription types here.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yeah i am on premium and i also just noticed that when i made a new playlist that i have the add songs setting off it still plays songs from artist I never heard of but that playlist only has like 5 songs in it but still i am paying for that not to happen i thought but idk

Hey @dxt_01,

Thanks for your last reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening when logging in from a different device?

Changing tunes, we suggest that you log out, restart your device and log back in. If this behavior only persists on your main device, reinstall the app on it (you'll need to download your tunes again). Once this process is completed, restart your device before launching Spotify again and tell us how it works. 

We'll keep the volume down until we hear back from you. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Alright thanks the problem has stopped thanks for all the help

Hey @dxt_01,

Thanks for the heads up.

We're glad to know that everything is working as it should. 

Don't forget the Community is here in case you ever need anything else.

Have a great day!

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts