Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android App doesn't work and it always crashes.

Spotify Android App doesn't work and it always crashes.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 8

Operating System

Android QKQ1

My Question or Issue

Since last night my Android App doesn't work properly and it takes ages to load every single page. Every time I tried to open it, it took few minutes to show me the home page and then again other 2/3 minutes to load any of my playlists. When I click on a song it doesn't start before few minutes as well.

I already tried to uninstall it and download it again, to clear the cache and I also tried to see if something would have have changed using a different network, but it didn't.

Just to let you know: I currently have more than 11gb of free storage space in my device, all the other apps are working fine and also my desktop Spotify app works normally.

How can I solve this issue? Considering that I'm paying the premium account and that I usually spend several hours on Spotify every day, this issue is affecting my life a lot. I've never had similar issues before.

Many thanks,

Carlo

1 Reply

Hey @Carlo18,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card. Sometimes SD cards can lead to issues with the cache.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts