Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

OnePlus 7

Operating System

OxygenOS 10.03 / Android 10

My Question or Issue

Audio keeps stopping randomly, after few minutes playing, only when on Bluetooth.

I actually only use spotify when connected to something Bluetooth, like my headphones or the car and it is very annoying that it just stops, forcing me to press the play button or to skip song vie Bluetooth controls.

Audio keeps stopping randomly, after few minutes playing, only when on Bluetooth.

I actually only use spotify when connected to something Bluetooth, like my headphones or the car and it is very annoying that it just stops, forcing me to press the play button or to skip song vie Bluetooth controls.

17 Replies

Hey there @mundo03

Welcome to the Spotify Community! That doesn't sound cool, let's see how we can help.

Just to confirm, have you tried manually updating the Android OS on your OnePlus 7? If not, give it a try to make sure you've got the latest version. 

We also suggest you restart the device and reinstall the Spotify app as described here

Have you by any chance checked if the same happens when you're not connected via Bluetooth? Let us know and we'll be able to look into this in a greater detail. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

It only pauses on Bluetooth, confirmed.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled, will confirm if that fixes it.

Hey @Guido

I did the reinstall and everything, it still happens.

I have seen multiple unresolved tissues reporting the same or similar and the accepted answer is always to create a new issue on this thread.

So there is no real solution, it seems. What do you think?

I'm having the exact same problem. Gotta love it when you pay for something and get NO resolution to a problem! That's what I call supporting your customers!

FWIW, this "may" help others with the same problem. I found an article that mentioned try logging into spotify.com website and clicking "Logout everywhere" and it should fix the problem. I did that and so far has seemed to work . Time will tell if it happens again. 

Confirming uninstalling and reinstalling does not work

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

@ebrian Happy to hear that it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

@mundo03 The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add some more.

We'd suggest you click here and give the steps a go. It's also a good idea to check if the issue occurs, while using another device. That way we can see if it is e device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can confirm that logging out everywhere fixed the problem for me.

I know this is an old post and was probably already addressed as an issue with too many logins in other devices messing up the licensing verification, but I have the same symptom but different root cause.

I tried all the fixes here and none worked for me. I have a new Anker Bluetooth speaker (Soundcore 2.0) that I was trying out for the first time and what's important to note is that I purchased it mainly because it had a built-in microphone - this important to the following.

The only modification that worked for me was to remove the microphone permission in the Android app. I can't help thinking that all the background noise was causing Spotify to stop due to it listening function now for "Hey Spotify". Not sure what else it could be, but if it is this, I hope the Spotify tech team can fix that issue from happening. BTW, I couldn't get through 2 songs without the play stopping. Remove the mic permission.. it ran for an hour before I finally turned it off.

Hope this helps anyone with this issue and the tech support with finding out correcting this new problem.

I have tried everything above from each post and the issue is still not resolved. Can confirm that it is a Spotify only issue and the issue is only present when listening to music through a Bluetooth speaker. My earbuds work fine, weirdly.

I know it's not an issue of my speaker (JBL Flip 5) because I can listen to audiobooks from other apps just fine. It's also not a battery issue. I have tried unpair/repair as well

Ver, this issue is not resolved

Hey @harromika,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share the brand/model and operating system of the device you're using to connect to the Bluetooth speaker?

We'd also need the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried, so we can propose further ones.

In the meantime you can give a clean reinstall on the device the app is installed on a go. More on that here. It's also important to know, if you can replicate the issue with other devices Spotify is installed on or a different Spotify account.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It has now been 3 years and Spotify can't fix this bug. They just keep saying to download a clean install of the app even though people have said in the same thread that this does not help. Ridiculous

What appeared to fix this issue for me was to go into the battery settings on my android device and set spotify to never sleep.  After that I've been fine

It worked!! Thanks a lot!!

I am also having this issue, as well as my co-worker. Has there been a resolution?

I have the same problem and the microphone permission was never allowed. 

I don't why Spotify keeps ignoring to find a solution to this problem. I'm using Spotify mostly in London tube while commute and it justs stops playing. I tried youtube music, deezer to test the same problem with the same headsets/earpods (jabra different models and sony) but only Spotify has this weird behaviour. Please do mind sparing some time on this issue otherwise many people will choose stop their Spotify plans and unwillingly use other music services. 

Suggested posts