Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App says i'm playing a different song on my pc than im actually listening to

Spotify App says i'm playing a different song on my pc than im actually listening to

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

My Spotify App says that i'm playing "Hey Now" on my Computer, while it is playing a different song entirely, and if i want to continue listening from pc to phone it continues to play "hey now" as if nothing happened.

Its only this song thats always appearing on my phone, even when my pc is powered off spotify sometimes shows a notification saying that this song is playing over my pc

Screenshot_20190704-163343_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hey there @tyarz,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like there might be some issues with the cache memory of the app on your Android device. In this case, a clean reinstall of the app on your Android device should do the trick. You can find the steps to do that in this Spotify Answer.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful to check if this persists with a different WiFi network or data connection (eg. when using 3G/4G).

If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I'm having a similar issue.  Spotify is loaded on my desktop and it's playing a Billy Eilish song on my  echo dot, but it shows on the desktop that it's playing the song after it. And when i ask Alexa what song she is playing, she says she's playing the song after as well.  This has been going on awhile and it's really annoying when i'm listening and want to heart a song and it's not the right song.

Suggested posts