Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I recently did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app because it was crashing randomly during playback. Now I have the problem that every album I try to view appears to be empty, showing no songs. This does not affect the display of songs in playlist, and it does not affect the display of the top songs on any artist's page.

I have already tried multiple clean reinstall of the app, I've tried restarting my phone, I tried fiddling with the permissions and turning off battery optimizations. 

Screenshot_20200310-160111_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The problem appears to be resolved now, seems to have been on Spotify's end.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Same problem, noticed around 15 min ago. Spotify Premium, Huawei p10, Norway.

Edit: tracks are back, everything seems ok now.

I have the same problem, when running the Spotify app on an Oneplus 5t/Android 9.

Screenshot_20200310-170738.jpg

Same problem with Huawei P Smart 2019 with latest update of Spotify, installed about 1 hour ago. 

I have the same problem.

Same problem with my app on Google Pixel 3. I can play randomly an album but I can't choose my song.

Same here on samsung A7 ( 2018 )

Same here.

Oneplus 5T / Android 9.

Same here... just wasted a load of time uninstalling and reinstalling and other messing about. 😞

Marked as solution

The problem appears to be resolved now, seems to have been on Spotify's end.

This problem hasn't been resolved and never will be!!! Tons of people have been complaining about  for a very Looooong Time. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

First up we'd like to recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same problem for the last few days

Hey @theEMowl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

To keep investigating your case, would you mind confirming if you've followed the steps mentioned above by @Jeremy? This will give us a better picture about what you've tried so far to avoid repeating processes.

Also, it would be great if you could include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. Same problem on my Samsung A10 been like this for over two weeks , did a full clean restart, unistalled the app, cleaned catche, connected to different networks and nothing works. I contacted the 1 to 1 service and was passed onto 3 different people who told me to do excatly the same thing.

App works fine on my laptop it's just my phone.

Hey @Nooschka,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, can you let us know the exact Spotify version you use on your device?

On another note, is this happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Lastly, please send us a screenshot or a video recording of what you’re mentioning, so we can visualize it better.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

I have attached photos of my playlists being empty below its like that for
all playlists regardless of if its one I have created or someone else. Its
also like that when I search for an artist or song and when I click on any
songs it won't let me play.

I have checked on another phone and my laptop, it works fine on both, just
not my phone and the version of Spotify I am using is 8.7.30.1221.

I have also tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache and restarting
my phone and none work so far, I have also tried using a different network
and the Web browser and signing in with a different account.

Hope this helps,

Hey @Nooschka,

Thanks for your reply and for the details you sent us.

What you described seems to be similar to this issue. So, we suggest trying the troubleshooting proposed in there.

However, if it doesn't do the trick, feel free to add your +VOTE. You can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Lastly, please leave the info about your inconvenience there so our tech folks could continue investigating. 

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Hi, 

Had the same problem, but after updating the app, it got fixed. Had to go to app store, click on spotify and update it from there ( it didn’t give me the option to update right away )

Hi there @brichtlan,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We're glad that it got sorted for you. It's also very nice of you to share what worked with you with the rest of the Community 😉

Wish you a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts