Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Closing and restarting after i try adding a song to a playlist

Spotify Closing and restarting after i try adding a song to a playlist

Okay so I made a playlist of my liked songs so that i could share it amongst my music friends who are trying to discover new things. Im a big music nerd so this playlist I've made is like 10,000 strong. I've been told before that there is no limit to the amount of songs you can add to a playlist. I've plenty of disk space though I currently have a free account while I'm between jobs so its not like anything should be using my space right? I cleared the cache today just in case that was the problem (and i got a notification from Spotify that it was full when i opened the app this morning) and tried again with the same result: i go to the playlist, select edit, go to add songs and go over to songs you've liked, clicked the plus on one song, and spotify almost immediately restarts. Any suggestions? Haven't tried uninstalling yet. 

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

LG Note 5

Operating System

Android Lollipop? Maybe?

3 Replies

Hey there @Ryanthenobody87,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this, and also make sure that you're on Spotify's latest version.

Let us know how everything went after performing the clean reinstall so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy I did a hard uninstall to the same effect. Checked to make sure again, and its just that playlist. I tried adding songs to all of my playlists, doing that one last and it was the only one to make the app restart. 

Hi @Ryanthenobody87

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if this issue persists using a different device PC?

Additionally, would you mind letting us know what happens if you try adding a new song to your playlist on the web player?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts