Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect: Adjusting volume let it go to maximum

Spotify Connect: Adjusting volume let it go to maximum

Hi,

I don't know whether this is a problem with the Android App or with my Receiver (Onkyo TX626). I think it started with a new smartphone (Sony Z3)

If I start playing music on the Receiver using the Android App everything starts Ok. But as soon when I then try to adjust the Volume with the Android App it suddently goes to Max. This is horrible loud, once my 2y son stand next to the Box. Fortunately it seems like nothing happened to him.

Is there a way to limit the Volume or that the Android App get's the correct level? It looks like it initializies it's current volume level with maximum instead of current one.

Regards,

Norbert

3 Replies

Hello there, I'm not familiar with your receiver but does it have a volume level control too? Maybe the receiver is the one with max volume and not the app.

Hope to read more of you.

Happy Spotifying!

The receiver has a Volume Control. But Spotify on the mobile phone silently overrides it completely.

It seems dependent from the Mobile Phone. Spotify on my Sony Xperia Z3 overrides it, but on my girl friends Huawei it works without problems. I also noted no such problems on my old Nexus 4.

I tried to help myself that I now limited the maximum volume on the receiver to prevent serious damage...

Suggested posts