Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

Solved!

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

I have a Yamaha RX-V577 reciever with Spotify Connect and update to the last firmware.
When I try to connect spotify using the Android APP, I see the device but cannot conect to it.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. I star a song

2. Click on the speaker sign with a circle, and click on the receptor (Yahama device).

3. The grey rounder speaker sign goes from grey to green and the sound waves moves (like tryng to connect).

4. After a while it goes back to grey.

IMPORTANT I dont know how sometimes it works, dunno how but after trying alot yesterday It worked. But cannot reproduce it.

126 Replies

I have the same problem still - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What is worse though is that spotify is regulary crashing my smartphone completly when there is a huge server load it seems. Really, I like the service, but the app is a desaster.

I have the same issue.  I phone 6 mac book pro 2015 and a yamaha reciever.  I can never get the phone to see all the devices or even the mac book.  And I opened up spotify on the macbook and not the iphone sees the reciever but will not send any music to it.  And still nevers sees the macbook.

I am going to look at another music source if this does not get fixed soon.

Marked as solution

Hello guys!

I've had the same problem as you and tried all these solutions with reset and etc. I got the Yamaha RX-V477, nothing worked for me until i changed the network settings. Follow these steps and hopefully this will work for you too:

1: Copy all your network information from your receiver (Press setup on your remote -> Go to network setup -> Information -> Write your network settings down except DNS)

2: Turn off the DHCP-setting (Setup -> Network Setup -> IP-adress -> DHCP OFF (When you turn DHCP to OFF you can press the down button afterwards))

3: Change your IP-Adress, Subnet and Gateway to the values you've written down before. Then change DNS (P) to 8.8.8.8 and DNS (S) to 8.8.4.4. This is the dns to Google.

4: Exit the setup by pressing the return button. 

Now the problem should be gone and Spotify connect should work as before. This is a soultion that worked for me and hopefully this will help you too. 

(You have to excuse me if my english isn't flawless) 

Cheers guys!  

I have Samsung tab 3, samsung galaxy note 2, samsung galaxy s4 active, samsung galaxy s4, samsung galaxy s3, playstation 4, ipad 2, asus laptop, PC etc.NONE of them will connect to the Yamaha RX-V777 and play music. Netradio works, but no Spotify... Bought it just for spotify connect. Dissapointed....

Setting up DNS (P) 8.8.8.8 and DNS (S) 8.8.4.4 DID WORK!!!! THANK YOU!!! 🙂

I have the same issue with Yamaha rx-s600. I was about to try the DNS thing when i noticed there was a new firmware 1.15:

This firmware improves music streaming connectivity they say... Lets see if its true.

Nope, didnt work. POS software.

The DNS thing however did work....great

Floodaren saves us all! The dns thing worked perfect, thank you!:)

For me, this has not helped; the problem persists. Any other solutions?

Same issue here, but with Yamaha CD-N301. To be honest, I can understand that using a static IP instead of DHCP can have an impact, but any working DNS servers should work. Here, all Spotify clients see the player, but when I try to connect to it, the client side says "Connecting" for some time, and then it gives up. When this happens, the Yamaha player then displays "Not connected". Weird... Things worked more or less fine for more than a year, and then got really bad for a week. It will eventually work again after all sorts of reboots (client side, player, Internet modem / router), but this gives no clue about possible root causes.

I contacted Yamaha support, let's see if they come back with some suggestions.

Same problem here since 3 or 4 days. Exactly the same behaviour with Yamaha R-N500.

Strangest thing is that it seems to depend on my personal spotify account. when logging in with family account of my daughter it works on the same hardware. 

It worked really great before and I didn't change anything. I already tried to reset all involved hardware devices and tried the dns hint but all without success.

Same problem here with my Yamaha R-N301 since a few days. Before that time I had no problem with it.

@xsaly: I've exactly the same problem as you. I do also have the yamaha r-n500 and sinc january 12th spotify connect doesn't work anymore. It's really strange. Yamaha says: This is Spotifys problem. Spotify says: this is Yamahas problem.

I say: this sucks.

Hi all,

I have the same problem since a few days. AV Receiver is Yamaha RX-V577. The receiver itself has connection (access to media server on router and net radio).

Receiver runs on LAN with DHCP off.

I cann do Spotify connect between smartphone Galaxy S6 to some tablet PC´s and to my Personal computer with Windows 10 and Spotify app. I also installed an older version (apk file) of Spotify on my tablet, resetted all devices, gave a new password and and and ... but also without success.

This seems to be a difficult issue.

I don't think this is a Yamaha problem. Firmware is up to date and I didn't change any part of the config. And the login of my daughter's family account works as well on same hardware. Imo this is of course a spotify problem. 

I agree that it seems more an issue on Spotify side than Yamaha. No firmware update was done recently. Receiver managed to respond again tonight, no idea why though.

This morning however connection between Android app and Yamaha worked at first attempt 🙂 Did Spotify folks change anything?

Hi all

It does work again. !!!!

I made a reset on the receiver while having the same current firmware on it (1.21). The changes that I rrecognize are: receiver is running with DHCP on. DNS P and DNS S were changed to 192.168.178.1 and 0.0.0.0. I dont know if this is the solution. But Spotify connect does work fine since two days now. 

Since the Spotify Version did not change (4.4.0.1008) I assume it is related to network and or receiver.

Best regards

Chris

I still don't think this was a Yamaha issue. It works fine here since Saturday and it obivously does not depend on any dhpc on/off configs at least in my home. 

Spotify connect does not work in offline mode, so this feature needs a connection to any server. I believe that there was a problem during the last week. But I'm afraid we will never find out....

It works also from hère now... I got thé connection tonight instantly 🙂 I leave DHCP off and will continue trying now and then to disconnect / reconnect. I also think someone made a change somewhere.

Suggested posts