Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

Solved!

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

I have a Yamaha RX-V577 reciever with Spotify Connect and update to the last firmware.
When I try to connect spotify using the Android APP, I see the device but cannot conect to it.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. I star a song

2. Click on the speaker sign with a circle, and click on the receptor (Yahama device).

3. The grey rounder speaker sign goes from grey to green and the sound waves moves (like tryng to connect).

4. After a while it goes back to grey.

IMPORTANT I dont know how sometimes it works, dunno how but after trying alot yesterday It worked. But cannot reproduce it.

126 Replies

Thought I would chime in on this. Yamaha RX-A840 hardwired wth latest firmware was fine when connecting with Android 5 phone or tablet. Connection broke with new Android 6 phone. Receiver did not show up in Spotify app. Did the DHCP thing recommended earlier in this thread and receiver showed up, but i could not select it, and when I restarted my phone, it disappeared altogether. However, when I select DHCP and leave it on DHCP, everything is fine, problem solved.

I would rather assign IP to receiver so I always know where to find it, but doing so with Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy Nexus 6P doesn't appear to be possible.

I have an issue with Spotify Connect on my Yamaha Reciever as well...

But it's different than most issues on this thread.  I can connect to my Yamaha RX A750 receiver just fine.

My issue starts when I add multiple songs to the queue via "Add to Up Next" option.  No matter how many songs I add to the queue, it will ALWAYS play the 3rd song in the queue twice.

And when I open the app up on my phone or macbook pro - it will then show that song "abc" is playing when really, song "123" is what is being played through the speakers.

This issue only happens when using Spotify Connect to my Yamaha RX A750.  It does not happen when using airplay.  It happens on my iPhone 6s app, Macbook Pro application, my wife's iphone 6s app..and an android device/app as well.

Same Problem!!! With Samsung S5 - Yamaha RX-V777. Latest Update from Android App brings this Problem.... 😞
Is there an idea when this could be solved from Spotify????

hello. I gave my Yamaha back to Amazon. Thanks for their outstanding
service.

I believe it is a problem of Yamaha. Spotify connect does work with other
WiFi equipment and with my new Denon AVR x1200w.

best regards

Can't be a Yamaha Problem. Worked over a year without problems - until sporify update....

In my case it doesn't work over a year. Any idea what to do next?

I did one test today. I disconect my Yamaha from home internet and shared WiFi from my smartfone and then I connect Yamaha and PC with Spotify to the new WiFi network - everything is working fine.

Comeback to home internet and again no working, disabling the firewalls not helps.

Spotify is working from any other devices so what is the problem with Yamaha - don't know?

But afaik Yamaha didn't change any configuration and I didn't see a firmware update on it.

I think it is a spotify server problem because connect works only when online and seems to need a connection to Spotify servers. 

Then how to explain that all the other devices are playing Spotify and only Yamaha is having problems?

And how to explain than if I change the internet source to wifi shared from smartfone, Spotify on Yamaha is working?

Just changed my network parameters on my R-N301 receiver, and it works like a charm :

IP : see your local network

Mask : see your local network

Gateway : see your local network

DNS (P) : 8.8.8.8 (google)

DNS (S) : 8.8.4.4 (google)

Hope it'll help hungry people like me !

Spotify teams, please investigate this issue !!

Thanks

Worked perfectly with my RX-V677!!!!  Thank-you so much!

Having same stuttery playback issues on Yamaha RXA 2030. Have changed DNS as suggested, worked for a day but must have been a fluke. Still not useable.

Frustrating as stuck with noticeably lower quality Airplay off phone which works ok, direct connect to Spotify by Yamaha does not.

Any ideas?

Nearly took my Yamaha RXV-779 amp back to the shop I was so annoyed, the only reason I replaced my old Yamaha amp was to get Spotify conect. But your fix worked at least it will work until I need to reboot the router. Spotify/Yamaha you have to fix this so DHCP works - this is the standard for home networks!!

Yamaha vx-675 spotify premium Samsung S6 music played great a few days ago, and now spotify does not see my receiver on the network.

Don't know how or why it worked but this solved my issues. May just be chance. But been fine now for months.

Left it running jittery nastiness at low volume for a day or so and it is now fine whenever I use it. Only jitter for a few seconds on the first thing I play.

Not sure if this is true but heard spotify may route stuff via other peoples devices and it used some of your internet upload allowance? If this is the case may a grid network type system just needs to get usef to your device being there...

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I'm at a loss. The receiver and spotify updated and now I can't find my receiver via spotify app. Very frustrating. Wife and I were looking forward to a long relationship with spotify but it didn't last a month. Great app when it worked

Spotify premium worked for at least a year with my Yamaha RX 475 but Not anymore

Tried everything upgraded to latest version   Spotify You know what the problem is but You do not want to solve it Why is this Do you hate your customers

Otherwise talk to Yamaha, He Engineers tell the customers what's going on.  

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. Canceling Spotify I've tried to fix it but at a loss. 

GREEEEEAT! 

Hey,

I had exactly the same issue. The problem was in the router settings. Once I've deactivated WMM everything (both spotify connect and airplay) started to worek

Marked as solution

The Issue is that currently you must use Chromecast 2

Spotify has outsourced sith tarting in feb 2016 and completed last month all its servers to the Google cloud

Your Yamaha receiver with latest firmware recognized the chromecast 2

Same for my expensive samsung TV not working anymore, only with chromecast 2

I noticed that after the problems, spotify did pick up only chromecasts as guest in the neighbourhood it never did this before.

See http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2016/02/29/why-spotify-really-chose-google-cloud/google photos

This is the solution the good thing it is cheap chromecast 2 and working well and IOS

Suggested posts