Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

Solved!

Spotify Connect & Yamaha Reciever problems - See the device but cannot connect.

I have a Yamaha RX-V577 reciever with Spotify Connect and update to the last firmware.
When I try to connect spotify using the Android APP, I see the device but cannot conect to it.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. I star a song

2. Click on the speaker sign with a circle, and click on the receptor (Yahama device).

3. The grey rounder speaker sign goes from grey to green and the sound waves moves (like tryng to connect).

4. After a while it goes back to grey.

IMPORTANT I dont know how sometimes it works, dunno how but after trying alot yesterday It worked. But cannot reproduce it.

126 Replies

setting up manually the DNS servers solves also the issue for HTR-4068

This fix worked with my Yamaha RN-301, firmware 1.4. Thanks for the tips Floodaren!

Hi All, I've have the same problem. I have a Yamaha RX-V677 and just started Spotify about 2 weeks ago.  For the first two weeks, it was working fine.  I could access Spotify from my Yamaha AV App or play music from my Spotify App to my receiver.  Now, for the last 3-4 days, it stopped working.  The Spotify App wont recognize the receiver and the Yamaha AV App wont recognize the receiver (just shows Demo).

I saw Darrens solution but the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway are the exact same when I switch it to DHCP off (already off on default) so I only changed the DNS Server like he said but that didn't do anything.  

I saw someone mention turning off WMM might work but how do you do that?  I googled it but couldnt figure it out.  Any help appreciated.  

Wow, so after I posted this, I switched the DHCP tn ON and it works......I have no idea why or if it will continue to work but now the Yamaha APP and Spotify APP both see the receiver...

I have the same problem and I have try all of my device mac player, pc player, iOS both iPhone and iPad but still can't connect to Yamaha Reciever

What I try to fix is....

Fix ip for playing device and receiver: ✘ not working 

Use DHCP: ✘ not working 

reboot my PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and receiver: ✘ still....not working ✘

Change gateway to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4: ✘ also not working 

I almost give up but...

I re-uploading firmware (It is the lastest firmware but I try to update the same version again): ✔︎ Working Right now ✔︎

I hope it helps someone.

Cheers

actually, i just went and toggled the DHCP setting from ON to OFFand then back to ON again. my receiver is now showing up on my imac and android spotify connect lists.

I have the same problem. My sound system - YAMAHA RX-A820 - is connected via a Netgear smart switch to the router and surely is reading an old IP address from a previous internet provider. I am having difficulties in changing the network configuration as the Netgear has no 'reset' or 'restore to factory setting' button. Any idea on how can I do this?

Suggested posts