Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect and devices at different locations

Spotify Connect and devices at different locations

First of all, I love Spotify Connect, it's brilliant. I do have one problem though. Suppose I'm listening to a connected device at my home and then I drive to work and I want to continue listening there. My device list at my office will often reflect the devices at my house and won't show the devices at my office until I close and reopen Spotify. Is there a way to only show devices local to the network where I'm playing music?

One other thing that would be really cool is to see what other members of my family are listening to and have the ability to sync what I'm listening to with what they are listening to. That would be a game changer for when I'm talking to my wife and she says, "You have to listen to this song," and I can join her in real-time.

5 Replies

Hello. If you go to spotify settings, you should find the option "Show local devices only". Toggling this on should solve your first question.

I can't think of an answer to your second question right now but, hopefully, someone else will have a way of doing this.

I don't see this setting. Under Devices I only see an option to "open devices menu" which shows the same list of devices I'd see as if I'd clicked the icon. Mayber it's been removed? I should mention that I'm running the Windows client.

Silly me. I just assumed that as you posted in the android section...

You're right, the option doesn't appear in the desktop client or web player,

Ha, of course I posted it in the Android section. That will teach me to follow a link in from a search about a different topic and just post.

But how do I fix this in web player? 

Very annooying for my family back at home when spotify freaks them out randomly.

Suggested posts