Premium

Country

UK

Device

Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Until yesterday Spotify was working OK, but yesterday I could not connect to my Onkyo amp or Roberts Stream 65i. I reloaded the app and now I see the message "Spotify Connect Available" but I cannot see any of the devices. I have also tried on my Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10 and that will not connect to any devices as they are all greyed out as you can see from attached screenshot.

Spotify screenshot.png
12 Replies

I’m having the same issue since 3 days with my Bose speaker and a Pioneer player.

it was the same with my tv, but it came back 2 days ago.

looks like the Spotify connect protocol has suddenly changed and is not recognized anymore by many devices.

Any input from Spotify??

I have heard nothing from Spotify. However, I can now connect from my Sony phone but not my laptop!

On my side, the Pioneer player appeared again this morning, but still not the Bose speaker...

Hey @johnaalex1955 and @Olinal,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind doing the following and then restarting both Spotify and the devices you've experienced this issue with before trying pairing them again?

• Make sure each device's software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software. 
  • Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • Make sure all devices (Spotify app devices and speaker/casting devices)  are on the same WiFi network.

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your answer.
I checked and there is no update available for my Bose speaker.

My Spotify app is uptodate on all my devices.
In fact, I lost the availability of Spotify on 3 of my devices after an update of the spotify app. 2 recovered, but not the Bose speaker.

All devices are on the same wifi.
I can broadcast Spotify on the Bose speaker using Airplay, but it is not as convenient...

Thanks for getting back to us @Olinal!

Just to confirm have you tried restating your router and did that make any difference for you? 

If possible could you try linking your devices to a different network to see if the issue persist. You could for example create a hotspot on your phone and use that to check.

Last but not least, could you send us the exact model of the speaker that you're having trouble with?

We'll be happy to investigate further!

ElenaModerator

I’ve tried everything without any result!

an update of Spotify broke the connection to all my devices, and it never came back on my Bose speaker.

it is a Bose SoundTouch 10 speaker.

everything works fine on it except the Spotify service.

i have seen several messages of persons having the exact same issue with Spotify on the Bose forum.

Need help, have same problem. Started yesterday, before that everything was ok. 

Hey @mihkelraag,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know a bit more about your issue? Is Connect playing music on some of your devices or playback doesn't start at all?

The more details you can provide the better.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

I'm having the same issue with a Bose Soundtouch 20 and Soundtouch 120 Sound Bar. It's worked great for I don't know how long, but now niether of devices appear to be played through. Restarted everything I can but still nothing. 

Hey @robsbose,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

A possible reason to why this might happen is that the updates of the Bose Soundtouch speakers's firmware are out of phase with the Spotify app's updates. This can sometimes happen and cause issues with the app's performance. 

We hope this'll get resolved soon but we can't guarantee when or give you an exact time frame. It'd be best to contact the manufacturer for more detailed info on the topic.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this and share your feedback with us.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

I have a Bose Sound touch speaker and have always connected to it via Wi-Fi on the Spotify app. i have had occasional issues but reconnecting both the speaker and the app to the Wi-Fi network has always solved it. Today however, i went to listen to my app on my phone via the speaker and the Spotify app refuses to find the speaker. I have restarted both devices, they are both running the latest updated software (i think this is the issue) and i have reconnected them both to the same wi-fi. Can anyone help

Suggested posts