Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect disconnects

Spotify Connect disconnects

I use Spotify Connect a lot with my B&O A9 and works very good. However, my smartphone (an HTC One M7) disconnects from my A9 after 3 or 4 songs, no matter if the screen is on or off, if I leave the Spotify application. This brings some problems:

• I cannot monitor the playing song with my Pebble (the A9 has no screen nor remote control)
  • If I open Spotify, it takes a while to synchronize with my A9. At first it usually appears as not connected to internet for a few seconds
  • Tracks queing become unusable. I can put as many tracks in queue as I want and they play ok in my A9, but if I open the Spotify app it shows a "track not available" notification and skips a few tracks before being able to connect again.

I don't really know what causes this, but I don't think it's related to Android since all other internet based apps are working as expected: only Spotify disconnects. I think it may happen because Spotify somehow detects that it's not running and thus goes to a sleep state.

3 Replies

I think it is because android suspends the Spotify app when it isn't "playing" after a certain amount of time, mine does the same.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for answering Peter. Is good to know that it's not a misconfiguration of mine... but is there something that may be done by our side or Spotify's side to fix this annoyance?

Still having this issue here. Spotify connect should not depend on the connection of controlling clients, but just continue playing. Like Chromecast or DLNA systems do. Why don't they support any common protocol for playback on hifi? I am not replacing a good working audio system only for Spotify.

Suggested posts