Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does not connect to LG Sound Bar (360W) LG Music Flow

Spotify Connect does not connect to LG Sound Bar (360W) LG Music Flow

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Brief description of the issue:

LG Sound Bar LAS855M (360W) LG Music Flow doesn't show up in the list of Devices.  Same problem in my Nexus 9, LG V10, and Spotify 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4 on my PC.

I checked Chromecast and LG Music Flow Player apps, the soundbar is connected and available.  In fact, I can use LG Music Flow Player app and stream music.

Is LG Sound Bar LAS855M (360W) LG Music Flow supported? In https://support.spotify.com/dk/using_spotify/play_on_stereo_tv_car/lg/, only Sound Bar (320W) LG Music Flow is mentioned.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

I tried reinstall Spotify on my Nexus 9.  It doesn't work either.

Your device and operating system (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4, 5.1.1)

Nexus 9, Android 6.0.1

LG V10, Android 5.1.1

Windows 7

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium):  

Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: Any screenshots, if they can help to explain your issue:

In PC, 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

In Nexus 9 and LG V10, 5.2.0.885

3 Replies

I've just checked the specs for your device on it's product page here: http://www.lg.com/us/home-audio/lg-LAS855M-wireless-sound-bar

Spotify does show as compatible, so the issue probably does sit within your network somewhere. Can you make sure your Router has UPnP enabled? Also try giving it a reboot

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

The LG soundbar can not be detected by the Spotify client.

The soundbar works perfectly with other applicazions (TeuneIn/Google Audio).

It's clearly an issue in the Google Cast implementation of Spotify.

Can you please rise a new issue ticket and come back to us asap?

Regards
Sergio

Hi Willie,

The Spotify team did a great job to find out which the issue was in just few days.

The issue is caused by an incompatibility between old routers and the protocol Spotify uses to "discover" which devices are connected in the home network.

In my case I "simply" connected the soundbar to a different WiFi router which "allowed" these packets to pass through the network and all went fine.

Obviously I also had to connect to the wifi of the second router.

To make things simple, just replace the modem/router to something different/newer and it should just work.

Thanks to the Spotify team for the amazing debug work to quickly find out what the problem was.

Well done!!

Sergio

Suggested posts