Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does not work @denon avr-x2100w

Solved!

Spotify Connect does not work @denon avr-x2100w

Hi @all.
Spotify Connect doesn't work correctly. Starting it out of the App, it connects for about a second and crashes (the Amplifier switches back to Network Choice Menu).
Things i have done without a sollution:
- starting every unit including disconnecting the power-cord or battery for about one minute before re-connecting
- deinstalling the app, restarting the phone and re-installed the app
Spotify runs with premium account - connect has been working in the past.

My hardware:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 active @Cyanogen Mod 12
- Denon AVR-x2100w (wired network! No wifi)
- Fritzbox 7390

The denon amp is directly wired to the Fritz!Box @network-port 3 (no guest account!). I didn't change anything but an update of the app. The firmware of all hardware-units is the last one (phone, amp & router).

Anybody out there having a solution?

[EDIT: changed the Topic-Name]

32 Replies

I think you are not alone... I will definitely cancel my subscription if
this does not get fixed... however I do believe the number of paying
premium users that run denon/marantz is a too large number to ignore...
some might be getting (including me) annoyed by this issue by now...

The issue @Android seems to be fixed. Got an update of the App today and tried it with 3 songs. It worked without crashing or disconnecting.
Have to check out the Windows Edition...
If it will work too, the spotify-team has done its work very well.
Thx for all the users that have written here, having the same problem & thx to spotify for fixing the bug!

Oups, sry...
didn't want to send a empty post.... 😞

Apple works as well 🙂

It's working for me too on Android!

I just tested from Spotify 1.0.12.161.g64b0797c on Windows 10. Was able to play 4 songs without any issue. When the next song came up, the same thing occured (Denon X1100W 'froze', network part restarted). After reboot/reset it looks like this is at the moment a specific issue for 1 song for me. It might give a hint on the exact underlying issue :

- Spotify URI : spotify:track:5afHIkEcVhCF1Z1CTqMUXB

- Spotify URL https://open.spotify.com/track/5afHIkEcVhCF1Z1CTqMUXB

- Song Title/Artist : Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better)  / Felix Jaehn, Jasmine Thompson

I can play other songs in my starred playlist fine (at least, they start playing continue to play for about 10 seconds and when manually switching to a different song, the Denon obliges 😉 But when clicking this specific song, the Denon immediately stops responding.

Might be interesting to see if other people can open up the same song and check if the same behaviour occurs ?

UPDATE : Of course : Right after this post, I tried just one more time. And the song plays fine...Switching to a different song and back, still playing fine.....So still a glitch here and there  I suspect.

UPDATE2 : Issue returned with same song, and found another one experiencing the same issue : https://open.spotify.com/track/4kgsK0fftHtg9gZOzkU5T2

Marked as solution

Just to share the info:

from the denon-eu.custhelp.com website

28/8/2015: RESOLVED: Problems with Spotify Connect Playback 

After some changes to the Spotify server, Spotify Connect works flawlessly again with our units. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused to you.

Hi FL57,
thx for sharing the answer of Denon :-).

Spotify Connect doesn't work or works poorly on Denon AVR-X2100W.

On september 2nd I was able to connect my Spotify to the device but the playback was terrible, the music stalledand every few seonds. Today I'm not able to play anything.

Also, when trying to open Spotify through Denon app on IOS there's a message that Spotify is not able to open this link on this device.

I'm located in Poland.

I'm also from Poland, will check how it works in my case when I get back
home. Yesterday in the evning it was working fine for me.

Hey przyb,

have you installed the latest app-/firmware updates as well as on your smartphone and your PC/Mac / Denon?

Have tried it yesterday, listening a lot of songs of different artists without any problem.
I stay in Cologne, Germany.

Greetz,

Frank

For me in Poland it works like charm as well.

Suggested posts